• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The dark side calls.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uk contractor
    replied
    Take the 143K but clearly when they find out their mistake your either going to be asked to reduce or they will make your position go away do not expect to earn that for long as someone will notice sooner or later (probably before the offer is ever formally sent HR or compliance will find out the error!).

Leave a comment:

• GhostofTarbera
    replied
    Originally posted by fargaman View Post
    long time lurker here.
    decided to make first contribution. Have been contracting since 2006. mostly in banking/finance in the city.
    enjoying current gig. civilised working hours, good people, half hour commute. day rate £600.
    loved the contracting life. the independence etc. never struggled for work.
    however, the IR35 crunch approaches!
    my client is blanketing all contractors within IR35.

have been offered a perm or fixed contract position. total package (including pension contributions) is 143k
    + health care, life insurance, income protection and various bits and pieces.

either that, or go brolly or have a holiday over the summer with my family thanks to big warchest.

am very tempted to take what looks like a no brainer offer. what do you do?
    Go full permie? take a year fixed contract and watch the market? brolly? Holiday?
    Take it and give the person offering it the best BJ of his life (or women equivalent) - spanking offer

Don’t forget your 2 weeks sick leave a year also bringing it up to £150K

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by fargaman View Post
    I would hope so. FTSE 100 company. If they go tits up, this country would be in a lot of trouble.
    Woolworths.
    Marconi.
    Polly Peck.
    Carillion.

That's off the top of my head so there's likely quite a lot more.

Leave a comment:

• fargaman
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Maybe the OP should get the company credit checked and make sure they're reasonably solvent
    I would hope so. FTSE 100 company. If they go tits up, this country would be in a lot of trouble.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by Dhrucku View Post
    Smells fishy that a company would be that dumb.

You’d be outranking some of the top execs on that packet or you’re pretty big cheese yourself.

Either way you’d be dumb not to take the Perm role.

Enjoy!
    Maybe the OP should get the company credit checked and make sure they're reasonably solvent

Leave a comment:

• Dhrucku
    replied
    Smells fishy that a company would be that dumb.

You’d be outranking some of the top execs on that packet or you’re pretty big cheese yourself.

Either way you’d be dumb not to take the Perm role.

Enjoy!

Leave a comment:

• LetterBox
    replied
    And the early adopters to financial permie land absolutely rinsed the banking pot of cash to get them to sign up. The remainers doing the same job and still to decide on permie are not being offered anywhere near the same cash.

Leave a comment:

• LetterBox
    replied
    Lovely. 143k.

From those contractors I know also considering perm offers from financials, there does appear to be a 20-40k uptick over a typical advertised perm offer for same role. Good to know what is being offered to switch, shows what they can go to when pushed.

Leave a comment:

• hairymouse
    replied
    I'll do it for £120k and give you the other 23k as commission.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Take it, blag lots of training and get into new stuff then jump ship when the storm blows over.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X