• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency wants an exit interview

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• l35kee
    replied
    It's probably to grill you on other areas of the business that might be recruiting to get names. Been through this before.

Leave a comment:

• edison
    replied
    I think it is good practice to feed back to the agency so long as it's a debrief and not a formal exit interview which is usually an HR process with a standard checklist of questions. You might work with that agency again.

One of the agencies I went through couldn't have cared less, I literally was just a number for them. However, I always have a debrief with another agency that has placed me several times just to confirm all the loose ends are tied up and I've left the client in good order and then I ask about further opportunities at other clients.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by David71 View Post
    Anyone had this before?

Agency (not the client) wants an exit interview.

I'm not keen on the idea as the agency blurs the contractor / employee line in quite a few areas - one of the reasons I'm leaving the contract early.

The agency does both perm and contract resourcing for the client and I think they use a one size fits all approach.
    I don't think it blurs the line at all. It's how you are treated by the client that determines your status so anything like this with the agent is irrelevant. Even if it was, a supplier exit review isn't unheard of and if worded properly may actually add to your defense not the other way around.

Would I do it? If they are willing to come on site, buy me a coffee and chat for a little bit then maybe. I lose a bit of time I'm already getting paid for at worst. Depending on your situation and if you ever want to go back getting face to face and chatty with the agent isn't the worst thing you could do.

Do what you think is right for your situation. Don't cut your nose off to spite your face if takes none of your time up at all. If it does require some effort or expense from you then definitely not but see what the details are first.

Leave a comment:

• dx4100
    replied
    I wouldn't do it

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Only if you had a very good relationship with the agency agree to do it over the phone, don't travel for it
    In all other cases see the above answers.

Leave a comment:

• Paralytic
    replied
    Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
    Say you would be happy to attend a supplier review meeting but you charge £200
    Originally posted by hairymouse View Post
    At your normal rate.
    +1

Or you'll prepare it on your last billable day.

Leave a comment:

• hairymouse
    replied
    Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
    An exit interview, definitely no, but I see no issue in your PSC providing feedback on the engagement to the client, if they request that.
    At your normal rate.

Leave a comment:

• GhostofTarbera
    replied
    Say you would be happy to attend a supplier review meeting but you charge £200

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Leave a comment:

• Paralytic
    replied
    An exit interview, definitely no, but I see no issue in your PSC providing feedback on the engagement to the client, if they request that.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    How utterly pointless. I wouldn't do it. They can't force you or withhold payment because of it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X