• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Splitting shares with spouse- optimal setup

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by skysies View Post
    Well, doing some admin work like reconciling accounts, checking payments are on time, preparing my timesheets, etc. Not sure if that would justify that salary? Anyone?
    make her a director as well and then yes.
    £12k a year for basic book-keeping is a good salary, but that's your problem.
    The responsibilities of being a director as well make it just fine for Hector.

Leave a comment:

• skysies
    replied
    [QUOTE=northernladuk;2638400]What is she doing to earn 12k a year?

Well, doing some admin work like reconciling accounts, checking payments are on time, preparing my timesheets, etc. Not sure if that would justify that salary? Anyone?
    Last edited by Contractor UK; 25 May 2019, 13:25.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    What is she doing to earn 12k a year?
    Last edited by Contractor UK; 25 May 2019, 13:25.

Leave a comment:

• skysies
    started a topic Splitting shares with spouse- optimal setup

Splitting shares with spouse- optimal setup

Hi,

My spouse has been getting 50/50 dividends since I started my company. Now my accountant recommended that I make her a company director and start paying her a salary up to £12,500 as that would save me some Corporation Tax. Is that a common setup with contractors splitting their shares? Or is it something that you won't recommend doing?

Any feedback appreciated!

Working...
X