• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contracting at RBS

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If rate is large enough take it, but you will probably spend your time training up ICT’s to replace you and get some skills they don’t have

Comment

I worked there for 7.5 years! Five of them after they went bust.

They are quite a soft-touch as investment banks go but are quite unstable so expect rate cuts or forced holidays as the markets rock their boat.

Technically a bit crap but not the worst, I'm surprised they're hiring again.

Comment

Did Rejects House up in Angel get closed down? That was a grim office to work in. You had to be in for 0730 to get a hot desk if you didn't manage to book a desk three weeks in advance. I only stayed for about two months. I was on the W&G project which we all know was a resounding success. It wasn't a bad place but the role I was doing just wasn't for me.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
          If rate is large enough take it, but you will probably spend your time training up ICT’s to replace you and get some skills they don’t have
          Forgot about that old chestnut! RBS & Lloyds are probably 2 of the worst culprits for this as well in UK right now.

Comment

No notice clause

Originally posted by businessarchitect View Post
            Anyone got recent experiencing contracting at RBS?

Heard they have a reputation for 'hiring and firing' ie short contract spells or terminating contracts prematurely?

Feedback appreciated
            I worked with them a while back and have two memories; all work/decisions were undertaken out of their Edinburgh office and lesser project work farmed out to the London office, they like to have a no-notice clause in the contract for themselves and a four-weeks notice for the contractor.
            "Hope your doing fine". My favourite opening line in emails from certain agencies! Not only the fact they can't spell, but who actually says that?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Did Rejects House up in Angel get closed down? That was a grim office to work in. You had to be in for 0730 to get a hot desk if you didn't manage to book a desk three weeks in advance. I only stayed for about two months. I was on the W&G project which we all know was a resounding success. It wasn't a bad place but the role I was doing just wasn't for me.
              No it got a refurb to fit 30% more people in

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                That was a really grim office. I also worked there and remember the hotdesk situation and the scummy little canteen on the ground floor :-(
                "Hope your doing fine". My favourite opening line in emails from certain agencies! Not only the fact they can't spell, but who actually says that?

Comment

Working...
                X