• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

In an absolute mess with Corporation Tax

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fiisch View Post
    On a related topic, is there a Business Banking Account that will allow you to separate a current account / savings-type account (even if you don't actually earn any interest)?
    Well yes. You open a Business savings account...

Comment

Originally posted by MrButton View Post
      Well yes. You open a Business savings account...
      Or just take the company credit card out of your wallet when the company isn't trading?

Most, if not all of the major providers offer different Accounts. Santander most certainly does. Interest rates are awful though.

Have a look at the Aldermore ones which can offer an OK rate for different periods of lock in.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Could take the money out of the ltd as a director's loan, stick it in premium bonds or 12 month fixed rate saving account (I'm sure there must be one somewhere paying a better than inflation interest rate somewhere ), then repay the director's loan before next company year end (so no declaration of loan required on company accounts so HMRC don't give a toss), and keep any premium bond winnings/saving rate interest as a personal bonus.
        Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

£10k max without questions asked... Would it be worth it? Maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by simes View Post
            £10k max without questions asked... Would it be worth it? Maybe.
            Useful.....
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X