• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SC clearance with criminal record

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool story bro
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Sharing is Caring, the SC Thing

As it's Friday

Thought I'd share my SC story.

Let's say I had a slightly colourful past, spending few months at Her Maj's pleasure (being entrepreneurial getting free calls from car phones, in the days way before mobile phones)

Forward 19 years later (foolishly missed the opportunity to have record expunged) I got an interview at Bank of England, went well, got role, subject to SC check.

On the form, I told ALL about past and time served.
      didn't get the gig....gutted.

Decided to ask for my record, only to find an entry for a recent offence, committed up north, nada to do with me.

Gig now hopelessly gone, I wrote to the DBS to remove the late erroneous entry, heard nothing after three weeks, so wrote directly
      to the Chief Constable for the county.

Week later he replied, apologies and entry removed.

Morale of story - if you have a memorable past and are going for gigs which require SC clearance, get a copy of your record first, before you apply, at least you will know what is on your record before you apply.

Where am I now? - another bank of course - ah the irony...

Comment

Originally posted by SeekingIT View Post

Morale of story -

Moral

HTH
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by SeekingIT View Post
          As it's Friday

Thought I'd share my SC story.

Let's say I had a slightly colourful past, spending few months at Her Maj's pleasure (being entrepreneurial getting free calls from car phones, in the days way before mobile phones)

Forward 19 years later (foolishly missed the opportunity to have record expunged) I got an interview at Bank of England, went well, got role, subject to SC check.

On the form, I told ALL about past and time served.
          didn't get the gig....gutted.

Decided to ask for my record, only to find an entry for a recent offence, committed up north, nada to do with me.

Gig now hopelessly gone, I wrote to the DBS to remove the late erroneous entry, heard nothing after three weeks, so wrote directly
          to the Chief Constable for the county.

Week later he replied, apologies and entry removed.

Morale of story - if you have a memorable past and are going for gigs which require SC clearance, get a copy of your record first, before you apply, at least you will know what is on your record before you apply.

Where am I now? - another bank of course - ah the irony...
          Surely that could extend to anyone questionable past or not. Since there really are numpties entering convictions for the wrong person. Unless of course there's a conspiracy to prevent ex cons ever gaining fruitful employment

Comment

Working...
          X