• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 Status - Cannot disclose for legal reasons

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perhaps by way of response, you say, until he tells you whether or not it is inside IR35, you legally can't tell him your rate...

Comment

Originally posted by simes View Post
      Perhaps by way of response, you say, until he tells you whether or not it is inside IR35, you legally can't tell him your rate...
      At which point he'll think "what a chunt" and cross the OP off his shortlist.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
          Perhaps sarcasm doesn't come across... It Was a bloody joke FFS.

Comment

I think there's some confusion here.

If the role does not fall within the PS remit - i.e. the PS body does not have to make a determination, then it's carry on as before, i.e. the contractorCo makes the determination. If it is out of scope, no agent or client are going to willingly assure you (in writing!) that you're IR35 'safe'.

The question is whether the role falls within the scope of the changes - do the PS body have to make an IR35 decision, or is it out of scope?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              I think there's some confusion here.

If the role does not fall within the PS remit - i.e. the PS body does not have to make a determination, then it's carry on as before, i.e. the contractorCo makes the determination. If it is out of scope, no agent or client are going to willingly assure you (in writing!) that you're IR35 'safe'.

The question is whether the role falls within the scope of the changes - do the PS body have to make an IR35 decision, or is it out of scope?
              But he can't legally tell us......
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                But he can't legally tell us......
                He can't tell us if the role is inside IR35 because it is out of scope? Maybe?

Comment

Ask if you’ll be paid your day rate + VAT direct to your LTD. In public sector with the new rules they can’t do that so that should be most of the answer. After that it’s down to the normal checks and practises.
                  See You Next Tuesday

Comment

They do work for the PS so it isn't his call, and the agent also has a legal obligation, especially since they generally also have clients in the PS.

You'll probably see more of this as time goes on and clients/agents become culpable for IR35.

Even if the agent says it is or isn't you won't really know until you have the contract.

Just ask him whether it is in the public or private sector, if in the public sector assume it is within IR35.

One thing I would say is that the agency takes their legal obligations seriously which isn't a bad sign, even if you could argue they've gone too far.
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by simes View Post
                      Perhaps sarcasm doesn't come across... It Was a bloody joke FFS.
                      No it doesn't. HTH
                      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                      X