• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

agents fighting over a candidate

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by MattZani View Post
    Yeah, I actually just did that.

I explained that while he didn't send me anything he had said he would, Agent B did everything by the book so there's nothing I can do now that I've given written consent to Agent B.

Looking forward to the reply!!
    .... this. Keep it professional and factual. He was being lazy and has missed out and he's trying to bully you now he can see there might be some money in it

Leave a comment:

• MattZani
    replied
    Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
    Yes but I would also reply with where was the job spec and email asking for representation confirmation you promised, you sent neither so jog on.
    Yeah, I actually just did that.

I explained that while he didn't send me anything he had said he would, Agent B did everything by the book so there's nothing I can do now that I've given written consent to Agent B.

Looking forward to the reply!!

Leave a comment:

• SlipTheJab
    replied
    Yes but I would also reply with where was the job spec and email asking for representation confirmation you promised, you sent neither so jog on.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by MattZani View Post
    Hi, I think it's already been discussed on here but it's the first time it's happened to me.

Agent A approaches me with a role last week, he says okay I'll speak with the client, will show them your CV and I'll send over to you the job spec and the request for you to confirm you want to be represented by us for the role. Agent did NOT send either.

Today I get approached by Agent B about the same role. He follows protocol: speaks to me about the role, sends over the spec and the sole representation email. I decided to be represented by Agent B.

Now Agent A is pissed and has left me 3-4 voicemails saying since he got in touch with me first I should be represented by him and threatens to speak to the client about my "unprofessional" behaviour.

Since I never gave written (or spoken) confirmation to Agent A, am I wrong thinking he's got no grounds to do anything, even if he approached me first?
    Ignore him.

Leave a comment:

• MattZani
    started a topic agents fighting over a candidate

agents fighting over a candidate

Hi, I think it's already been discussed on here but it's the first time it's happened to me.

Agent A approaches me with a role last week, he says okay I'll speak with the client, will show them your CV and I'll send over to you the job spec and the request for you to confirm you want to be represented by us for the role. Agent did NOT send either.

Today I get approached by Agent B about the same role. He follows protocol: speaks to me about the role, sends over the spec and the sole representation email. I decided to be represented by Agent B.

Now Agent A is pissed and has left me 3-4 voicemails saying since he got in touch with me first I should be represented by him and threatens to speak to the client about my "unprofessional" behaviour.

Since I never gave written (or spoken) confirmation to Agent A, am I wrong thinking he's got no grounds to do anything, even if he approached me first?

Working...
X