• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No I dont want to become PERMANENT

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aj4u View Post
    Hello All,

Hope everyone is well, I'm sure some of the vetrans here have come across this problem lots and lots of times before.

I don't really want to tell these people to F*** off, I hate the job. It uses around 15% of my brain power. I don't / will never go permanent in your job. They've asked me multiple times, singed me up for a 12 month agreement and keep bringing up permanent every few weeks.

They try stupid scare tactics, a guy was on a call with my boss discussing how the contracting market was bad and candidates coming in who are contractors now want to go permanent for stability lol...

They tried to get me to cut my agent out in the past!!!! What is funny is this is a LARGE company they own a major exchange

What is a nice/straight way of telling/shutting these guys up so they don't ask me to go permanent for the remainder 7 ish months I have left here? That is if I make it till the end of my assignment?

Thanks AJ

Just leave. That would stop them nagging away at you. But you sound like you enjoy the attention really.

Comment

Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
      If they are asking you to sleep with the boss's wife, and she's a nasty piece of work, that's an insult.
      Are you sure about that? Some people would pay good money for that!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        That's because you're a BAU monkey so only fill perm roles.

Says the guy who sells his principles and dignity for £75 a week.
        FTFY

I feel sorry for you for being a temp as well. One day you might become a contractor.
        I know you continually like to have a pop at PC, but are you really so sure you're a bona fide contractor and not a permatractor yourself?

How many consultants do you have working through your limited? Or is it just the one-man band, let's-pretend-we're-independent setup for you?

Comment

Originally posted by billybiro View Post
          I know you continually like to have a pop at PC, but are you really so sure you're a bona fide contractor and not a permatractor yourself?

How many consultants do you have working through your limited? Or is it just the one-man band, let's-pretend-we're-independent setup for you?
          Me? I just do what I'm told to do.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Me? I just do what I'm told to do.
            In that case, could you pop over here tomorrow morning and clean my car for free for me?
            "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by billybiro View Post

BB mun - leave NLUK alone. He likes having a pop. Its the only thing that keeps him going.
              Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Just say - 'perm !!! are you 'kin kidding ? If I wasn't out of here in 3 months I would top myself now...'

Comment

Originally posted by lukemg View Post
                  Just say - 'perm !!! are you 'kin kidding ? If I wasn't out of here in 3 months I would top myself now...'
                  For all those contractors who in the past have beaten their fists claiming they are real businesses because they are doing "contract" work or because they bring a lunch box with their LTD name on it let this be proof of how wrong you are.

The OP is simply a disguised employee - My proof? He is being asked to change to perm and quite certainly with no change to what he does or how he does it ...

Most worryingly are that fellow contractors dont seem to question or answer the puzzle of how a real "contractor" can become perm because they are meant to be mutually exclusive but instead compare perm vs contract salaries.

No wonder the government is rightly going after all those disguised tax evading employees

Comment

Originally posted by 1 Jack Kada View Post
                    For all those contractors who in the past have beaten their fists claiming they are real businesses because they are doing "contract" work or because they bring a lunch box with their LTD name on it let this be proof of how wrong you are.

The OP is simply a disguised employee - My proof? He is being asked to change to perm and quite certainly with no change to what he does or how he does it ...

Most worryingly are that fellow contractors dont seem to question or answer the puzzle of how a real "contractor" can become perm because they are meant to be mutually exclusive but instead compare perm vs contract salaries.

No wonder the government is rightly going after all those disguised tax evading employees
                    If being asked to go permy is a pointer to being disguised employee then most of us will be in the tulip !!

I've been asked by a few clients over the years if I would consider going permy. My answer is always a polite no. The reason they ask is because we have highly sought after skills and they want to get them on the cheap.

I've been asked again at my current client to go permy, and after I refused they offered a 12 month FTC instead but I refused that offer too. I said I was happy to move on (knowing that they've been advertising for my skillset for over a year without success). They bit the bullet and extended me for another 6 months ... Boom !!

I work on different projects with the deliverables listed on my contracts. They would like me to go permy because they have loads of projects coming along at a fast rate of knots.
                    Last edited by Batcher; 8 March 2018, 13:47.

Comment

Originally posted by 1 Jack Kada View Post

Bit of an assumption OP could have been brought in on a special project which the company doesn't have any experience of but have decided they would like that experience on the team.
                      Then again I'm guessing just like you!

Comment

Working...
                      X