• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contracting issue, client trying to treat me like an employee and to pay me less than

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chelseagirl View Post
    Thank you for your responses.

I had a meeting with the VP and they agreed to change the contract.

However my outstanding problem is with the person I “report” to. She treats me like an employee and wants to have a one on one meeting with me.

How do I tell her that I can’t have one on ones with her to talk about my “progress” as I’m not an employee?

Thanks
    Is she looking to have a meeting about your progress on the work you are doing? If so she is perfectly entitled to get a progress update - if you employ a builder you'd expect to be able to ask him if he was still expecting to finish on time and if there were any issues that he needed help with.

If she wants to give you a formal appraisal then I'd tell her to "do one" - only someone with a career at the company needs one of them

Comment

Originally posted by oilboil View Post
      Is she looking to have a meeting about your progress on the work you are doing? If so she is perfectly entitled to get a progress update - if you employ a builder you'd expect to be able to ask him if he was still expecting to finish on time and if there were any issues that he needed help with.

If she wants to give you a formal appraisal then I'd tell her to "do one" - only someone with a career at the company needs one of them
      Exactly. And I very much doubt it's a formal appraisal. A "how are things? Are people giving you what you need? Any blockers I can remove for you, etc" is perfectly fine and should be welcomed.

Comment

Working...
      X