• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Career change expert for advices

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Career change expert for advices

Hi all,
    I am in the middle of career change and would like to have some advices.
    Do you know any expert doing this over skype or whatever that is simply excellent and you feel to recommend?
    I have a background in IT / Business top tier consultancies within the Financial services industry

Thanks a lot,
    Kind regards

F

What are you changing your career to?
    What are you currently doing to make the change?
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

depends

If you are making sandwiches, over skype this wont work, depends what you are doing

Comment

I was at big 4 before having a gap year and starting career as contractor 7 months ago. I am contracting now as Senior BA / Test Manager but would like to understand what is the best to do for the future and where contracting will take me.

Comment

Originally posted by fahbb View Post
          I was at big 4 before having a gap year and starting career as contractor 7 months ago. I am contracting now as Senior BA / Test Manager but would like to understand what is the best to do for the future and where contracting will take me.
          I started in March 2017, progressively higher day rates is my assumption.

Comment

If I understand correctly, you are looking for a careers coach?

Comment

Are you looking to change career path altogether? Go perm? Enhance your career in IT? We need a little more to go on than that.

Comment

I don't want to be rude but if your career change is in to anything that needs you to create documentation and reports you might want to brush up on your, er, communication skills.

To be an expert in something to the point someone will pay £400+ a day for you you need to be good and have a raft of experience to back it up. You cannot just change careers contracting by doing some courses over Skype. You might have the theory but have no expertise or demonstrable experience. Would you hire a builder to do an extension for you just because he's read a book and got a City & Guilds qualification.

Career changing as a contractor is very difficult to do.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  I don't want to be rude but if your career change is in to anything that needs you to create documentation and reports you might want to brush up on your, er, communication skills.
                  I have to agree with this.

I always viewed (all types of) communication skills as a very important part of being a BA or test manager.

Comment

Originally posted by fidot View Post
                    If I understand correctly, you are looking for a careers coach?
                    Yes, please! Do you know anyone you want to recommend?

Comment

Working...
                    X