• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is my accounting fee similar to others

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is my accounting fee similar to others

I am with an accounting agency that seems good but wondering if I am paying more than others. I pay £144 per month when in contract and £24 when out of contract.
    I have no issues with them, they respond to mails/calls when I need(which is very rarely).

If you are happy with the service then it's a good price.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      yes, am quite happy/content but they are the only one I have dealt with. I don't understand why some agencies are considered bad because there is little interaction needed with them, most of the things they do is pretty standard. Am I missing anything?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        This
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by fatboyslim View Post
          yes, am quite happy/content but they are the only one I have dealt with. I don't understand why some agencies are considered bad because there is little interaction needed with them, most of the things they do is pretty standard. Am I missing anything?
          Wait a while. Are you still happy? If so carry on. If not change.

Rinse & Repeat.

Good luck, we're all counting on you.

qh
          He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Agencies are not the same as accountants.

The former are largely a bunch of parasites who add no value; the latter, when you get a good one, are very helpful in running your business.

Ditto the above, if you're happy then the price is right.

If you want to compare costs then you need to say what exactly you're getting for your fee.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Agencies are not the same as accountants.

The former are largely a bunch of parasites who add no value; the latter, when you get a good one, are very helpful in running your business.

Ditto the above, if you're happy then the price is right.

If you want to compare costs then you need to say what exactly you're getting for your fee.
              Ah I mean accountant not agency.
              I send them expenses and business bank statements and they pay to hmrc whatever due. (corporation tax, vat). What kind of other help can they give, since I have not tried any other accountant, I dont know(which is why I opened this thread).

Comment

I send them expenses and business bank statements and they pay to hmrc whatever due. (corporation tax, vat). What kind of other help can they give, since I have not tried any other accountant, I dont know(which is why I opened this thread).
                Advice on expenses that you should and shouldn't claim, flag up if you're getting near breaching the 24-month rule on claiming T&S expenses, P11D issues & concerns, explaining what the sweet spots are in terms of salary take, dividend thresholds, etc.

Then there's the warning of what's changing each year - they'll review the budgets and advise you what's up, what's down in terms of divi tax, CT, etc.
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

They pay?
                  My accountant does not have access to my account (apart from seeing statements). I wouldn't give my passwords away. If anything needs paying he tells me and I pay it.
                  My neighbour is a musician and his band famously got ripped off by their accountant. This made me wary.

I hope you really trust yours.

Comment

Originally posted by HugeWhale View Post
                    They pay?
                    My accountant does not have access to my account (apart from seeing statements). I wouldn't give my passwords away. If anything needs paying he tells me and I pay it.
                    My neighbour is a musician and his band famously got ripped off by their accountant. This made me wary.

I hope you really trust yours.
                    Accountant Simon Pearce jailed for tax fraud - BBC News
                    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                    X