• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Certificate in Finance and Technology - worth having???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Certificate in Finance and Technology - worth having???

Hi,
    I have recently got into the Financial Services industry as a PM on a 12 month contract, and I wondered whether it is worth the time and cost to obtain the Certificate in Finance and Technology (https://www.certfintech.org/)?

Has anyone got this certification or are working towards it?

If you have the CFT would you be more appealing to employers? Are Financial Service employers looking for candidates to have this?

Are there any other Financial/IT certifications I should consider instead?

Any advice gratefully received.

Originally posted by PonyBoy View Post
    Hi,
    I have recently got into the Financial Services industry as a PM on a 12 month contract, and I wondered whether it is worth the time and cost to obtain the Certificate in Finance and Technology (https://www.certfintech.org/)?

If you have the CFT would you be more appealing to employers? Are Financial Service employers looking for candidates to have this?

Unlikely you'll need one, but if you go for any, I'd get something from Chartered Institute of Insurance / Chartered Institute of Securities and Investments - more well known and that is what the staff at those companies usually achieve themselves.

Again, how much you'd get out of them is questionable - maybe higher level of PM related qualifications would do you better. Not that the paper will automatically give a job, but the stuff you learn doing the course/qualifications will probably help you in the interview (particularly around best practices).

Comment

Knowledge of finance is required for most roles in banks, however my experience is that it is also sufficient to teach yourself. Generally courses enable you to learn faster. My advice is you definitely need to learn all of this if you want to have a successful career in Fintech but there are alternative approaches.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by PonyBoy View Post
        Hi,

After 12 months in the industry you'll (should have) have learnt more than from a course.
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

It is far better to learn how to commute without getting stressed.

Comment

Sounds a bit pony to me.

Comment

Working...
            X