• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Multiple site travel for a single client, can I invoice for this?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    "What can I claim?" is the wrong approach. Do you think Accenture approach their clients concerning expenses like that? The correct approach is to state that you want to charge on top of your rate for expenses incurred while travelling to the various client sites. Alternatively, if they insist that your rate is inclusive of expenses, you insist that your rate must then be higher than originally agreed. Be armed with reasonable arguments.

Travel to all client sites and first class rail is perfectly acceptable. If I go anywhere on business, even if my ltdco is paying for it, I go 1st class. (One time I was regularly travelling from Birmingham Airport to Leamington Spa - the first class ticket was twice as much as the second class, but included a bacon sarnie, a coffee and a newspaper, so overall was cheaper).
    You've quoted something I didn't say, appreciate the help though. I'll see what the agency come back with and then go from there.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      "What can I claim?" is the wrong approach. Do you think Accenture approach their clients concerning expenses like that?

Originally posted by mrjaywarren View Post
      You've quoted something I didn't say, appreciate the help though.

I just emailed the agent to find out what I am able to claim.
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

You've quoted something I didn't say, appreciate the help though. I'll see what the agency come back with and then go from there.
        This is a quote:
        ..I just emailed the agent to find out what I am able to claim...
        The "What can I claim?" in quotation marks is an indication of the approach, not quoting you. But it's not far from what you did post.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

A NAT/MMM tag team.

Up there with the likelihood of a Trump/Kim tag team.

There's hope for world peace yet!
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
            A NAT/MMM tag team.

Up there with the likelihood of a Trump/Kim tag team.

There's hope for world peace yet!
            Ugh

You horrible basteward
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Thanks to everyone who took time out to genuinely help me. Appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
              X