• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Advice on Breach of contract from the recruiter

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Generally not worth it, once the agent delays the start that's when you look for a new contract. You are correct that they're in breach by changing the start date, that is why you are not beholden to the contract.
    Not really. The contract can become active on the date stated but the client has no work for him. Everything is in order.

Same could be said if the client ditches the whole thing. The contract can run it's full term without any work being offered to the contractor. Everything is still in order.

If the agent is stupid enough to change the date on the contract after it's been signed then maybe.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
      You mean you bailed early from your last contract?

Goes around, comes around, comes to mind .
      Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Good point well made.
      Can't really judge like that - we don't know the reasons why they bailed early...

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
        Can't really judge like that - we don't know the reasons why they bailed early...
        He's talking about resigning from one job to get another job so in NLUK's world, he deserves all he gets - firstly for jumping ship and secondly referring to them as jobs.

HTHBIDI
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
          He seems to think it strengthens his case that he has lost out in some way.

So I will stand by my assumption until corrected by the OP.
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

What research did you do BEFORE signing the contract?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Not really. The contract can become active on the date stated but the client has no work for him. Everything is in order.

Same could be said if the client ditches the whole thing. The contract can run it's full term without any work being offered to the contractor. Everything is still in order.

If the agent is stupid enough to change the date on the contract after it's been signed then maybe.
              Are you suggesting you are committed to a contract over 6 months that doesn't provide any work ?

I would say not.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Are you suggesting you are committed to a contract over 6 months that doesn't provide any work ?

I would say not.
                If there's no MoO, then you're not obliged to accept anything that you don't have in your contract deliverables.
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

I would say not.
                  Well not really. If the work doesn't appear with a certain time frame it's almost certain the whole contract will get cancelled, either with notice periods being given or just completely binned. With no work it's the same thing.

If they don't and keep you hanging on you serve notice and go.

If you do nothing then I guess so but it will never get to that in reality.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X