• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Consultant Hub

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Consultant Hub

Anyone got any knowledge or experience of it?

https://theconsultanthub.com/index.php

They charge £199 a year for membership and the owner is involved in 670 companies (according to companies house). Hmm.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

They have no less than 5 roles on their website, probably fake anyway certainly worth the £199

Comment

I can't see how a model which places an upfront fee on the consultant could ever work. Even if a few people sign up, the hiring companies will have access to such a small pool that they won't stand a chance of getting good quality candidates. Therefore few jobs will be posted and it will never provide value to the consultant either.

Looks like a scheme to make the owner rich by attracting a few suckers who think they're buying into exclusivity, like the day-trading platforms charging hundreds per month so fools can pay fees while losing their money.
        Last edited by Zylon; 11 November 2017, 17:36.

Comment

Considering a punt

First impressions are that the business model might be a sound one. By us paying an annual fee and removing the agency costs that might be prohibitive for clients it could work both ways. I might give it a punt when I get some cash in. I will post on this thread my experiences IF I do.

Comment

Originally posted by RNC Director View Post
            First impressions are that the business model might be a sound one. By us paying an annual fee and removing the agency costs that might be prohibitive for clients it could work both ways. I might give it a punt when I get some cash in. I will post on this thread my experiences IF I do.
            Someone registers a handle just to say s/he may give it a punt - sounds dodgy

Comment

Originally posted by RNC Director View Post
              It's not a punt, which implies it's a long shot but may pay off... tell you what give me the £199 and I'll give you some magic beans, worth a punt?

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
                It's not a punt, which implies it's a long shot but may pay off... tell you what give me the £199 and I'll give you some magic beans, worth a punt?
                Bitcoin?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Bitcoin?
                  paging scooterscot

Comment

Working...
                  X