• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Recruiter says they cannot disclose the company's name but want to forward CV

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depends on how much you want/need the new role. In the past if I have not been fussed about the role, I won't agree to submitting my details unless I know who client co is and if the call ends there then fair enough.

If on the other hand the role looks good then I don't mind not knowing the client co and have my details submitted.

Comment

Originally posted by HealthyProtein View Post
      Is this a normal practise in contracting?

Apparently financial institutions has asked for candidates but cannot disclose the name of the bank/organisation.
      What utter bollocks. What they mean is there is no job. In any event, how are you going to prevent your cv being submitted to the same client if another agent tells you the client's name!?

If the agent will not tell you, you should tell them they cannot send your cv because another agent may contact you about the same client. Some agents will claim to be the sole supplier but you have to stand your ground and say no client name, no submission.
      Last edited by washed up contractor; 7 November 2017, 22:43. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by washed up contractor View Post
        What utter bollocks. What they mean is there is no job. In any event, how are you going to prevent your cv being submitted to the same client if another agent tells you the client's name!?

If the agent will not tell you, you should tell them they cannot send your cv because another agent may contact you about the same client. Some agents will claim to be the sole supplier but you have to stand your ground and say no client name, no submission.
        Totally agree - might also just be a client which you object to having dealings with for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by CatOnMat View Post
          Totally agree - might also just be a client which you object to having dealings with for some reason.
          Like the NHS or any other government client?
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by washed up contractor View Post

Exactly. And when they do tell you, look at opportunities to go direct.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Like the NHS or any other government client?
              You might think that - I couldn’t possibly comment

Joking apart maybe one might want to avoid working in a certain industry (e.g. tobacco, defence) or a particular client which might have been a shambles/nightmare in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by CatOnMat View Post
                You might think that - I couldn’t possibly comment

Joking apart maybe one might want to avoid working in a certain industry (e.g. tobacco, defence) or a particular client which might have been a shambles/nightmare in the past.
                Well I've seen a lot of strange things on here over the years but someone refusing a gig on moral grounds isn't one of them that I can remember. Even if they don't tell you the name of the company it shouldn't be too hard to get them to tell you the nature of the business if the gig does exist.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                  Exactly. And when they do tell you, look at opportunities to go direct.
                  Awful advice..

Comment

Originally posted by Agent View Post
                    Awful advice..
                    An unbiased viewpoint

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                      Well I've seen a lot of strange things on here over the years but someone refusing a gig on moral grounds isn't one of them that I can remember.
                      But not unheard of, NLUK. I was offered at a tobacco client earlier this year. £50 p.d. more than current, but I declined. My grandfather died of cancer and it just didn't sit right with me. Also, you end up with something like a baccy client on your resume and you get interviewed for your next gig. How to do you know that the interviewer didn't have something similar going on with their family/circle of friends, or has taken their own moral position on the commodity, and has unconsciously biased you out of the running? It's a variable you just can't control, so best to just stay clear and keep 'neutral' clients on the resume.
                      "My God, it's huge!!"

Comment

Working...
                      X