• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

new user and ....first contract ever

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mattfx View Post
    Point 2 - that's pretty much what I said; if the Client terminates their contract with the agent then that clause allows the agent to terminate with OP. My point re; performance was just saying to the OP they have to be confident; Yes I am aware clients can terminate for a number of reasons that aren't performance related, but surely that has to be the most common....?
    Well that's not how it read at all. Using the term 'essentially' means the comments were linked.

Dunno about common. I'd take a stab and say we see plenty of projects canned on here so difficult to say.
    Just noticed something about probationary period in one of the points now I re-read it... Is that a common clause? I thought that was more of a permie thing.
    Nothing wrong with probationary periods I don't think. I've just renewed my house insurance and I can cancel for full refund in 14 days. Same with mobile contracts and the like. B2C isn't really a good example but shows it isn't just for permie contracts.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Looks fine to me

Take the contract, do a good job, get paid, get renewed and repeat and relax

Comment

Working...
      X