• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

100k perm + options its a Punt?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SlipTheJab
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    How much will the 100k be in 5 years (i.e. salary progression)?
    TBH In 5 years the IPO should have happened and I'll be too busy deciding what colour Ferrari to buy to worry about that

Leave a comment:

• SlipTheJab
    replied
    TBH I'll let it ride until the new year now, got most of December off anyway so will worry about it when I get back

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
    Following on from this what do ppl think about keeping the Ltd dormant for the next 6 months versus just letting it carry on as normal, plan is to wind up end of march if things go well, going dormant means 30 quid a month fees rather than 90 quid but does that mean I cant pay divis and expense stuff while dormant? Yes NLUK I will be asking my accountant , just a quick straw poll will do for now
    If you have sufficient funds you might as well kick off the liquidation process because it can take months to complete. Check with MVL Online first though, that if you change your mind, what is the latest point at which you can stop the liquidation.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Depends on a number of factors as to what the most tax efficient thing to do is. Not sure there is an answer without the details.

Leave a comment:

• SlipTheJab
    replied
    Following on from this what do ppl think about keeping the Ltd dormant for the next 6 months versus just letting it carry on as normal, plan is to wind up end of march if things go well, going dormant means 30 quid a month fees rather than 90 quid but does that mean I cant pay divis and expense stuff while dormant? Yes NLUK I will be asking my accountant , just a quick straw poll will do for now

Leave a comment:

• SlipTheJab
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Oi!!

Leave a comment:

• SlipTheJab
    replied
    Originally posted by SeanT View Post
    Very sensible. I was in a very similar boat with commute and rate, but the numbers were slightly different (the perm role was 100% remote, but "up to" £90k and I could already anticipate the agent trying to screw me down), what I ended up doing was finding an interesting and more local role at £600 a day - client direct - and telling the perm employer I was withdrawing from the process (they wanted me to do some contrived assessment exercise which was going to take at least a day and I simply never found the time for it, also it's a US based company and I've had roles from these evaporate after going through all the rigamarole before - they never seem to be able to understand that people have families and lives and that people in the UK don't all live in London or Scotland either...)
    Yeah this role is all direct, the client hate agencies and the baggage they bring and only take ppl on through recommendations

Leave a comment:

• SlipTheJab
    replied
    Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
    Congrats Slip. I think it's the right decision, certainly if my experience is anything to go by. If you get to learn new tech then it'll put you in good stead for the future.
    Indeed Chimp its a no brainer, its all MicroServices so whatever I don't learn I'll blag and say I did

Leave a comment:

• SeanT
    replied
    Just to bring closure to this thread folks I have indeed accepted the perm role, am keeping the Ltd open until the end of the tax year as by then I will have an answer to the eternal question from the Clash (will I stay or will I go...), but 100k perm WFH with options mean I may be waving goodbye for good in a few months time 😢
    Very sensible. I was in a very similar boat with commute and rate, but the numbers were slightly different (the perm role was 100% remote, but "up to" £90k and I could already anticipate the agent trying to screw me down), what I ended up doing was finding an interesting and more local role at £600 a day - client direct - and telling the perm employer I was withdrawing from the process (they wanted me to do some contrived assessment exercise which was going to take at least a day and I simply never found the time for it, also it's a US based company and I've had roles from these evaporate after going through all the rigamarole before - they never seem to be able to understand that people have families and lives and that people in the UK don't all live in London or Scotland either...)

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    Just to bring closure to this thread folks I have indeed accepted the perm role, am keeping the Ltd open until the end of the tax year as by then I will have an answer to the eternal question from the Clash (will I stay or will I go...), but 100k perm WFH with options mean I may be waving goodbye for good in a few months time 😢
    Congrats Slip. I think it's the right decision, certainly if my experience is anything to go by. If you get to learn new tech then it'll put you in good stead for the future.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X