• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

100k perm + options its a Punt?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
    Yeah but come on not every hiring manger is NLUK
    Oi!!

Leave a comment:

• SlipTheJab
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    No it won't.

You give your notice in an a month before you are free start looking for contracts.
    I did exactly that, 3 months notice, resigned chilled for 2.5 months and then found my first contract role 😎

Leave a comment:

• SlipTheJab
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    Had a similar offer last summer, declined it as the hiring manager was a presumptuous, haughty, condescending, self-satisfied, stuck-up, arrogant, overbearing, supercilious, high-handed, superior, pedantic a-hole and I knew for sure I would be leaving within 3 months (of course I had the luxury of having a contract offer on the table at the same time as well)
    Yeah but come on not every hiring manger is NLUK

Leave a comment:

• SlipTheJab
    replied
    Just to bring closure to this thread folks I have indeed accepted the perm role, am keeping the Ltd open until the end of the tax year as by then I will have an answer to the eternal question from the Clash (will I stay or will I go...), but 100k perm WFH with options mean I may be waving goodbye for good in a few months time 😢

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    No it won't.

You give your notice in an a month before you are free start looking for contracts.
    Only if you want to take the risk to be on the bench for a while

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    If it is how you have presented it then, imho, you would be a fool not to take it.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    Problem is with a 3 months notice which you will undoubtedly have after 6 or more months it will be virtually impossible to find a contract
    No it won't.

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Originally posted by HealthyProtein View Post
    Your opportunity sounds really good

If you genuinely think this is worth pursuing go for it, and 8-12 months down the line if you don't like it you can always come back to contracting if you prefer this.

Good luck.

Edit: To add, you will also get back 3 or 4hrs per day which can be spent on self-learning new things or whatever you enjoy doing.
    Problem is with a 3 months notice which you will undoubtedly have after 6 or more months it will be virtually impossible to find a contract

Leave a comment:

• SeanT
    replied
    Originally posted by HealthyProtein View Post
    Edit: To add, you will also be able to legitimately learn and attend training on your employer's time.
    FTFY :P

Leave a comment:

• HealthyProtein
    replied
    Your opportunity sounds really good

If you genuinely think this is worth pursuing go for it, and 8-12 months down the line if you don't like it you can always come back to contracting if you prefer this.

Good luck.

Edit: To add, you will also get back 3 or 4hrs per day which can be spent on self-learning new things or whatever you enjoy doing.
    Last edited by HealthyProtein; 2 November 2017, 11:26.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X