• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Does BAML ask for previous contract rate during CV submission by agency?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An agency recruiter told me that BAML asks for previous contract rate and name of manager before she can submit my application. The agency is Thomas Keene. Anyone had an experience with them in the past? She added that she cannot submit my application without those details and emphatically added that it will not in any way impact my rate. Can you please give me your thoughts, answers or input?

Originally posted by Happy Contractor View Post
    An agency recruiter told me that BAML asks for previous contract rate and name of manager before she can submit my application. The agency is Thomas Keene. Anyone had an experience with them in the past? She added that she cannot submit my application without those details and emphatically added that it will not in any way impact my rate. Can you please give me your thoughts, answers or input?
    Probably she's lying. It makes no sense to say previous rate must be disclosed and then say that doing so won't impact your desired rate. See the sticky about two references. See if you can find a different agency.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Not from my personal experience. Camberley or City?
      I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Just do what we all do - stick another £150 on your last rate. In another words lie like <modsnip>...

If it weren't for lying still only be on £1200 a day.

Comment

Ive worked numerous times for BAML and they've never asked what my previous rates were or who previous 'manager' was in roles immediately before working with them.

They also have a policy of not allowing permies to give references even via LinkedIn so I very much doubt they are asking for references up front, that'll be the agency.

Basically the agent is talking bollocks and she just wants to pump you for leads.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
            Just do what we all do - stick another £150 on your last rate. In another words lie like <modsnip>...

If it weren't for lying still only be on £1200 a day.
            Or if you do not like lying, print and sign an NDA and tell them you have signed an NDA.

Comment

Originally posted by washed up contractor View Post
              Ive worked numerous times for BAML and they've never asked what my previous rates were or who previous 'manager' was in roles immediately before working with them.

They also have a policy of not allowing permies to give references even via LinkedIn so I very much doubt they are asking for references up front, that'll be the agency.

Basically the agent is talking bollocks and she just wants to pump you for leads.
              This advice above is spot on, I've had 2 recent stints at BAML 2years++ that's just bollocks.

Also watch out for 20 to 30 days surprise furloughs a year + rate cut due

But screening takes an age - look out your exam certificates from 30 years ago

Comment

Working...
              X