• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Psych test before interview

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Psych test before interview

Got this interview soon, but first they want me to complete some psychological nonsense test, which I refuse because
    - Sounds inside IR35-ish
    - These test are total BS unscientific and easy to manipulate, have always been able to get the most desirable outcome for the type of role (back in my permie years)
    - Invasion of privacy and I don't know who gets to see the results
    - If the interviewer gets to see the result before the interview it will put him/her in a biased state of mind

Any opinions?

If you want the interview take the test. If you have nothing to hide you shouldn't be worried. If you don't want the interview don't take the test. No point in wasting time thinking about it.

Comment

Although it is a kid-of permie recruitment thing, I doubt it has any bearing on IR35.

Comment

Shame this isn't in General

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
          - Sounds inside IR35-ish?
          What makes you think that?
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
            Shame this isn't in General
            Just go for it. You've not got any infractions or ban's yet so aren't a proper member yet.

Man(woman) up and get stuck in.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              What makes you think that?
              Because it's usually a permie thing

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                Because it's usually a permie thing
                It does a little but if you are worried ask them who else carries these out and their policy. If it's anyone on site, like IT Security polices then you're good.

Comment

This is actually a better way of finding a good candidate than asking a few technical questions.

I would just do it.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

When I worked for a hedge fund, the 4 people who ran the company were quite "normal"(apart from the guy who owned the company who was mad - but when you are worth billions who cares).

When recruiting senior managers they always used Psych tests. You had to be psychopathic to get in. Admin does the same with mods.

So be careful how you answer.

Comment

Working...
                    X