• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The agency will not pay invoices and go stealth mode

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by perplexed View Post
    Doesn't have to involve violence, can find things out.
    Nice to have the option.

Comment

Meet them face to face as soon as you can.

I've been in a similar situation and took my "business partner" along - a large and burly Rugby player mate - it was all very pleasant and I just wanted it to be firm rather than threatening.

I eventually got all my money back

Comment

Originally posted by silverlight1 View Post
        Meet them face to face as soon as you can.

I've been in a similar situation and took my "business partner" along - a large and burly Rugby player mate - it was all very pleasant and I just wanted it to be firm rather than threatening.

I eventually got all my money back
        A friend of mine, who is a contractor turned start up entrepreneur, brings round the twins, who his dad was inside with.

Comment

We will just leave this here...
          The only debt collection & credit control company recommended by Contractor UK.

Read our articles on ContractorUK here and get in touch here.

Comment

Originally posted by Safe Collections View Post
            We will just leave this here...
            Political correctness gone mad.

Comment

Out of interest, what does your contract say? If you have agreed to a ‘pay when paid’ clause then Agency B may have a case for not paying you.

This will depend on a number of factors such as have you opted out of the regulations and your payment terms.
              https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andyhallett

Comment

I knew someone who was placing contractors, paying their first couple of invoices then stopping. He managed 7 months with one of them.
                He was eventually convicted of colluding with a bank manager friend to get a mortgage on a house he was renting.
                I don't think anything happened to him over the contractors, he kept it up for a few years.

Comment

Working...
                X