• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Been asked which agency I want to represent me

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been asked which agency I want to represent me

I've been offered a contract by a public sector client (outside of IR35 apparently) but as they contacted me directly they are now asking which agency I want to represent me. I nominated the one I used at a previous client as they paid bi-weekly but for some reason they've declined the offer. So, can anyone recommend a decent agency that pays promptly (preferable weekly)?

They will have to be on their framework if it's a PS won't they? I'd be surprised if they can just use anyone.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Fuel recruitment were always good to me. They’re small mind. Ring them and ask for Steve Willmore. If you PM me your email address I’ll introduce you.
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        They will have to be on their framework if it's a PS won't they? I'd be surprised if they can just use anyone.
        There are about 500 on the list!

Comment

Any decent agency would have a self billing setup paying you weekly as soon as timesheets are approved. Why did they decline the one you suggested?
          Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by lotus_andy View Post
            I nominated the one I used at a previous client as they paid bi-weekly but for some reason they've declined the offer.
            You mean the agency declined an easy regular commission for doing nothing?

I'd be worried they think the 'outside IR35' status won't stand up to scrutiny and they don't want to be held responsible for the tax (as fee payer).

Though as this is a all new, I wouldn't put much faith in how it's supposed to work and would not want to be the first guinea pig to see how HMRC actually handle the mess, when PS client decides status of outside/inside IR35 but the agency is the one that has to worry about the tax (or offload that responsibility to an umbrella if they can, if I understand it all correctly)
            Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
              You mean the agency declined an easy regular commission for doing nothing?

I'd be worried they think the 'outside IR35' status won't stand up to scrutiny and they don't want to be held responsible for the tax (as fee payer).

Though as this is a all new, I wouldn't put much faith in how it's supposed to work and would not want to be the first guinea pig to see how HMRC actually handle the mess, when PS client decides status of outside/inside IR35 but the agency is the one that has to worry about the tax (or offload that responsibility to an umbrella if they can, if I understand it all correctly)
              Nah. I'd guess it's either...
              They just don't want the hassle of going through whatever diligence and costs to get on the liat and get setup for just one contrsctor.
              They know they won't get on the framework if they aren't already on.
              They just don't want to deal with PS.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I was in the same situation a few weeks ago and was recommended 121 Recruitment Consultants, a small firm. The guy is called Balvir Dadral and he has been spot on.

Single client timesheet and weekly payment just one week in arrears.

PM me if you want their details

Comment

My rule (through bitter experience of a shyster agency going bust taking many thousands of contractors money with them) is the smaller the agency the shorter the delay I want in getting paid after timesheet submisson.

Weekly is best.

I'd only consider monthly if it was a big agency that is less likely to go 'bust' overnight. Fortunately lots of the bigger ones also do weekly as it's all automated via BACS.
                  Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

I don't understand. If they've contacted you directly why do you need an agency?

Comment

Working...
                    X