• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IPSE direct contract template

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IPSE direct contract template

I'm looking to engage directly with a business and will be using the IPSE direct contract template. I have always gone via agency where I use signed time sheet for self bill invoicing. The IPSE contract makes no mention of time sheets and the version I have gone for involves invoicing monthly on a time and material basis. I'm assuming this is to my benefit as I can prove I was onsite using various tracking apps in case of dispute. Am I missing something?
    Make Mercia Great Again!

My contract that was almost a copy of the IPSE template was a fail at QDOS a few months ago when I ran it past them.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
      My contract that was almost a copy of the IPSE template was a fail at QDOS a few months ago when I ran it past them.
      Not helpful if you don't say what it failed on.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
        Which says more about QDOS and the "almost a copy" bit than it does about the Lawspeed contracts that IPSE use...

OP - The point of T&M is that you have delivered something that the client has accepted. How that is evidenced is really between you and them, as is payment frequency - on delivery, on agreed stage payments, on periodic terms, whatever I agreed. When you agree that with the client, ensure it is in the schedule to the contract.
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

I've never heard of anyone having to prove they were on site with a tracking app. Being on site and providing billable work are two different things.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            I've never heard of anyone having to prove they were on site with a tracking app. Being on site and providing billable work are two different things.
            I've had to use public transport information once. Made me look good though some of the ends of some of the days was spent in the pub next door.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Being on site does not prove anything, but it is usual evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                I've had to use public transport information once. Made me look good though some of the ends of some of the days was spent in the pub next door.
                A friend is an academic (permie obviously), and one of the reasons he got his professorship is because of his commitment, as evidenced by the presence of his car in the car park at all the hours God sends. Of course in reality he was too pissed to drive home at the end of each day.

Comment

Suity leaves a pair of clown shoes under his desk when he goes home for the same reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                    Being on site does not prove anything, but it is usual evidence.
                    Does that mean I should be giving my client access to my Grindr account to get paid?
                    Last edited by northernladuk; 11 October 2017, 13:22.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X