• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Three (!) week Christmas contractor furlough

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Three (!) week Christmas contractor furlough

Three weeks is brutal - my stepson works at Argos so I’ve asked him if they have any temp jobs ...

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Two weeks at current client with a rumour doing the rounds that no contractor should work more than 4 days in December.

Comment

It's listed that I'm taking the week between Christmas and New Year off - its actually rare people in clientco take all of it because things always come up but I'm on away on the working days so....
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Sounds nice. I would like 4 weeks.

Comment

If you can't afford to take a three week break, what are you going to do when the contract ends? What would happen if your contract ended today?

Spend some time with your family (assuming they want to spend time with you). Have some fun. Go away for a week. You're a long time dead.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              ...no contractor should work more than 4 days in December.
              Here here!

I rarely do.

Not saying I don’t invoice for more though.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                Two weeks at current client with a rumour doing the rounds that no contractor should work more than 4 days in December.
                No problem with that. How many days can contractors bill for?

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                  If you can't afford to take a three week break, what are you going to do when the contract ends? What would happen if your contract ended today?

Spend some time with your family (assuming they want to spend time with you). Have some fun. Go away for a week. You're a long time dead.
                  Completely agree. Unless you've literally just started contracting, you should be able to take some time off. Surely it's one of the perks of being a contractor/freelancer?

Personally, unless work has been slow for the year I always take December and the first week of January off. I didn't get to last year as I didn't have much work at the beginning of the year but this year I've been working since last December almost continuously. I can't wait!

Comment

usually one at my client co as well.

Hasn't been offically announced yet, but I can't wait!

Comment

Working...
                    X