• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Need advice please

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need advice please

Hi all. Need your help. I have been working with a client on a 5 month contract. I got the contract through an agency for an Indian consulting company to work for a bank. After 3 months I handed in my 2 weeks notice as per contract and unfortunately during that time I got a sick note and the sick note covers me during the notice period. I was having heart palpitations and doctor decided to sign me off due to my history with heart problems. The hiring manager was understanding and since I had delivered my project she was more than happy for me to resign with my sick note.

The issue is the hiring manager wants me to do a handover call on Monday, which I’m happy to do. However the consulting company is not approving my timesheets from the last 2 weeks . I have tried getting in touch with them but they keep saying they will approve. I wasn’t going to charge the client for the handover call but the consulting company wants me to charge them. If I go ahead and do the handover call on Monday, can the consulting company legally refuse to pay me (via the agency)? Thank you

They cannot refuse to pay you for work that you have done - if they keep withholding it then you chase for late payment with penalty charges plus interest.

Is the Monday beyond the end of your contract? If it is, then explain to the consultancy that you cannot charge because the contract has expired. You'd be willing to do the Monday and charge, but need them to provide a new schedule / contract for you, which you will sign once your timesheets have been approved.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Can I just check - has the client signed the timesheets for the 2 weeks? If so, then the consultancy should be paying you.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Quick question - if you were off sick for the past two weeks, what is on your timesheet that needs approving?
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Sign you off what?
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

It is par for the course for Indian IT companies to fail to pay the last invoice or two, no matter how good you have been. They do the same to permies too.

They should be avoided at all costs.

Comment

Working...
            X