• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Searching for new Contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Searching for new Contract

Hi All,

Been looking for my next gig since the holidays have finished ( 2 weeks). Have manage to get a few interviews in the PM market. Missed out on one, got a 2nd interview to go to on another, nailed a 3rd only for the client to change his requirement.

What have u found the market like? I have really had to work hard for the past 2 weeks and have been pleased with getting the interviews.

Thanks

http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...te-market.html

Comment

PM market is pretty good at the moment, especially if you have agile, financial services, digital or compliance on your CV...

Comment

GDPR is another one that's hot at the moment. Worth spending £200 for an online course (can be completed in a day, exam is multiple choice) to get yourself up to speed on the lingo and then tweak your CV where you can justifiably claim to have touched data protection aspects.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          GDPR is another one that's hot at the moment. Worth spending £200 for an online course (can be completed in a day, exam is multiple choice) to get yourself up to speed on the lingo and then tweak your CV where you can justifiably claim to have touched data protection aspects.
          Is this the qualification? Ie - the Official one: ISO 17024-accredited EU GDPR Foundation (EU GDPR F)

qh
          He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            The guy next to me in the bank I'm at has a copy of a GDPR book, I can see it from here, therefore it's on my CV!

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
              The guy next to me in the bank I'm at has a copy of a GDPR book, I can see it from here, therefore it's on my CV!
              You at least need to read a few pages.

The best time is when you have difficulty sleeping.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                You at least need to read a few pages.

The best time is when you have difficulty sleeping.
                How does it stack up against the PRINCE2 manual?

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                  I've asked for a meeting with the compliance team about GDPR so it's now on my CV.
                  See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                    How does it stack up against the PRINCE2 manual?
                    not very well. It's 2 inches smaller.
                    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                    X