• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agent Claiming overpayment

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agent Claiming overpayment

Finished up in a gig back in July & last week was contacted by the agent claiming that I've been paid for a day I didn't work in the final week.

Timesheet was approved & I was paid for the 5 days that I worked. According to the agent, they later decided that I'd billed for a day that I didn't work and claimed the money back from the agent. Now he wants me to cough up.

Where do I stand legally here because it seems it's going to come down to my word against theirs. Once a timeshet has been signed off, are they legally obliged to pay up regardless?

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
    Finished up in a gig back in July & last week was contacted by the agent claiming that I've been paid for a day I didn't work in the final week.

Timesheet was approved & I was paid for the 5 days that I worked. According to the agent, they later decided that I'd billed for a day that I didn't work and claimed the money back from the agent. Now he wants me to cough up.

Where do I stand legally here because it seems it's going to come down to my word against theirs. Once a timeshet has been signed off, are they legally obliged to pay up regardless?
    I would ask that the agent provides proof that they have refunded the client, and proof that the client has rejected one day off the timesheet.
    You get paid based on signed timesheets, so if it was signed, then that's OK. Don't go to the client yet, but advise the agent that if they can't provide the required proof that you will go to the client with their claims (if your contract states payment based on signed timesheets).
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I had that over a year ago.

I used my oyster card to travel to and from the client site, and TFL emailed (and email) me monthly my journeys. All I did was email the journeys over to the agent and I heard nothing more.

If you have receipts for lunch in shops nearby to the client for that week then scan and email them to the agent if you don't have travel tickets to prove you where in the locality.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Tell them to **** off.

Comment

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post
          Tell them to **** off.
          Yep. This. ^^^^
          They have no legs to stand on if you have a signed time sheet. That's enough evidence to win in court and it'll never get that far.
          If the client and the agency are trying to f*** each other after you left it's their problem.
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Invoice them for additional hours worked over the contract.

Comment

I'd reply, and not entertain a refund in the slightest.

"Hi agent,
              For the avoidance of doubt, I did work the 5 days that were on the timesheet and signed off, and I have no idea why they think I didn't.

Mr SignoffPerson signed off on the 5 days, and I have no idea why he thinks that is different now. They have no basis to request a refund as far as I am concerned.

best wishes,
              "

As others have said, if you can provide any receipts or whatever that might help get them off your back (thought you shouldn't have to).

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
                I'd reply, and not entertain a refund in the slightest.

"Hi agent,
                For the avoidance of doubt, I did work the 5 days that were on the timesheet and signed off, and I have no idea why they think I didn't.

Mr SignoffPerson signed off on the 5 days, and I have no idea why he thinks that is different now. They have no basis to request a refund as far as I am concerned.

best wishes,
                "

As others have said, if you can provide any receipts or whatever that might help get them off your back (thought you shouldn't have to).
                You shouldn't need to but if the agent is stupid enough to threaten court you have double proof that s/he is full of it.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  I had that over a year ago.

I used my oyster card to travel to and from the client site, and TFL emailed (and email) me monthly my journeys. All I did was email the journeys over to the agent and I heard nothing more.

If you have receipts for lunch in shops nearby to the client for that week then scan and email them to the agent if you don't have travel tickets to prove you where in the locality.
                  Local gig so no expenses as such. Sure I'm logged in their access system so they can check that.

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post
                  Tell them to **** off.
                  In so many words, yes

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
                    Local gig so no expenses as such. Sure I'm logged in their access system so they can check that.

In so many words, yes
                    Then there is proof you did the work.

Tell the agent to stop trying it on.

Comment

Working...
                    X