• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stalking Agency called me 35 times since Aug 28th

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    I just block the annoying agencies.
    How do you do that when they either: Change their number / call from a different number or Withhold their number???

Personally, I go for the white-list rather than black-list approach. I block everyone by default (unless I'm actively seeking a contract) and have those people who I don't mind hearing from added to my phone contacts (and they have a different, permanent number to call me on that only those people I want to hear from have).

The "allow anyone to call and block/don't answer those you don't want to speak to" is far too much like a never ending, time consuming game of whack-a-mole, given how agents alter their own numbers so frequently.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
      This agent who had wasted a lot of my time in the past started calling me on Aug 29th I told him I was not interested and put him on my blocked list. He has tried to call me 35 times in total, several attempts per day, as I can see his calls still appear in my missed calls list. He never ever leaves a voicemail or sends an email. Surely this can be classified as stalking? The agency he works for doesn't seem to be a member of Rec or APSCo.
      Can't even find the agency on company check.
      Anyone knows the objective of this kind of "agencies"? Why are they doing this?

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post
        Anyone knows the objective of this kind of "agencies"? Why are they doing this?
        To wear you down.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

They are doing it to stop you from getting another opportunity.
          If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Sounds like TEK Systems in Manchester....stalking, try bullying.

Comment

Originally posted by AussieDigger View Post
              Sounds like TEK Systems in Manchester....stalking, try bullying.
              You can easily put your phone down on them.

Btw you could do the tricks people do to cold callers.
              Last edited by SueEllen; 19 September 2017, 16:24.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
              X