• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best way to respond to criticism as a contractor

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JIDEARE View Post
    One of the things I soon ad to grasp after starting as a contractor is I let nothing phase me. I get no benefits of being annoyed or taking offence and I have no HR to go to and complain. So no matter what's been said I'll either provide an explanation or in a non formal manner say sorry and amend whatever it is. Anything that keeps the day rate flowing and provided it cause no great deal of harm.

So, just say sorry, chances are it'll be swept under the carpet and stay at your desk more.
    Amen!

Comment

Originally posted by JIDEARE View Post
      One of the things I soon ad to grasp after starting as a contractor is I let nothing phase me. I get no benefits of being annoyed or taking offence and I have no HR to go to and complain. So no matter what's been said I'll either provide an explanation or in a non formal manner say sorry and amend whatever it is. Anything that keeps the day rate flowing and provided it cause no great deal of harm.

So, just say sorry, chances are it'll be swept under the carpet and stay at your desk more.
      Back in the day, during one contract had a snide permie continually making jibes abour contractors in my presence at the kitchen area. Each day, every day for the six months on the contract.

Ignored him until the final day, when he referred to "contractors abusing others at will, without consequences". I pointed out contractors weren't subject to the company diciplinary policy whereas bullying permies were...

I walked back to desk, finished the handover I was doing, said goodbye to everyone and quietly told that guy every single comment he made had been noted and a complaint was being filed. I did enjoy the look on his face.

Comment

Working...
      X