• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Q: What happens when you try to force your contractors into perm roles?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PF were a client of mine for 6 months until March this year. At that point it was very clear the IT side of the changes were never going to work. The most fooked programme I've ever seen.
    I already planned to get out of there at renewal time. Happily this was accelerated when they gave notice on my (direct) contract and told me to re-engage through their new preferred agency, who promptly offered me a rate cut. (Incidentally the same agency who had done that to me on my very first contract - I sucked it up at the time.) Thanks ReThink!
    Best 4g signal is in
    [ ] Trap 1
    [X] Trap 2
    [ ] Trap 3

Comment

Originally posted by MrLoveBucket View Post
      ...they gave notice on my (direct) contract and told me to re-engage through their new preferred agency...
      Why would any client want to do that? Paying an agency fees they don't need to? No wonder they've gone down the pan. The reads like a manual of how not to run a company.
      Last edited by pauldee; 23 August 2017, 13:47.

Comment

Working...
      X