• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

non-compete and penalty clause from Dutch payroll company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

non-compete and penalty clause from Dutch payroll company

Hi,

Does anyone have any experience using Dutch payroll companies? I am being obliged by my recruiter to work with their recommended Dutch payroll company for an upcoming contract in Amsterdam.
    The Payroll Company have provided a quite exhaustive and complex contract, including a non-compete clause and penalty of 25k Euros if found in breach of contract. This seems very excessive.
    Payroll Company is trying to reassure me that this is normal in Dutch employment contract and has never been invoked.

So is this really a common practise?

Recruitment Agency is also telling me that there is nothing to worry about and I'm the only person that has raised the issue. They don't appear to want to get involved and assist.

Am a new starter to the world of contracting and certainly unfamiliar with Dutch contracts.

Originally posted by NewStarter17 View Post

Recruitment Agency don't give diddly squat as all they want is their commission
    FTFY
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by NewStarter17 View Post
      Payroll Company is trying to reassure me that this is normal in Dutch employment contract and has never been invoked.
      So tell them they won't mind removing it then.

Recruitment Agency is also telling me that ... I'm the only person that has raised the issue.
      This is always a lie.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
      X