• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fidio???? Anyone done one of these???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fidio???? Anyone done one of these???

hi

just been "selected" for a video interview using Fidio? Has anyone used this?

https://www.fidio.tv/

loving the crap on their site "Imagine a recruiter can watch a video of your face and analyse your facial expressions. It would give an accurate reading of your personality, identifying traits like passion, sincerity, nervousness and disagreement. Now imagine you can automate this process through innovative use of camera and software technology. How would this change the face of recruitment?"

so I get to record myself answering some questions before they decide whether they want me to attend an actual face to face interview???

This happening more and more in recruitment.

If not Fidio then Hinterview. It looks like it's time brush up on your televisual presentation skills.

Forget about the skills they're interviewing you for - your CV would have been binned if it wasn't up to snuff. It's all about the surface shine these days.

And I have doubts of anyone getting work out of this trend if you're not an able-bodied young(ish) white male...

(Or a young, attractive, blond bombshell...)
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Maybe Mr Hallett was on to something......
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
        This happening more and more in recruitment.

If not Fidio then Hinterview. It looks like it's time brush up on your televisual presentation skills.

Forget about the skills they're interviewing you for - your CV would have been binned if it wasn't up to snuff. It's all about the surface shine these days.

And I have doubts of anyone getting work out of this trend if you're not an able-bodied young(ish) white male...

Sadly it has been happening in courts for a while. How you look changes your chances of innocence/guilt.

<sigh>

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Maybe Mr Hallett was on to something......
          Mr Hallett realised that it would work better in some industry sectors than others.

Generally agents don't care if it works for candidates, only if it 'works' for the client and themselves.

Expect to be forced into using this whether you want to or not.
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

which one are you?

Comment

Mr Hallett realised that it would work better in some industry sectors than others.

Generally agents don't care if it works for candidates, only if it 'works' for the client and themselves.

Expect to be forced into using this whether you want to or not.
              Ironically Mr Hallett is in a bunker building something that might just surprise you all.....
              https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andyhallett

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Hallett View Post
                Ironically Mr Hallett is in a bunker building something that might just surprise you all.....
                An app that does thst snapchat thing and make you look like a youngish white male or blind bombshell when using your Web cam? No fecking ears, cat's noses and glitter though for christs sake.
                Last edited by northernladuk; 4 September 2017, 22:55.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  An app that does thst snapchat thing and make you look like a youngish white male or blind bombshell when using your Web cam? No fecking ears, cat's noses and glitter though for christs sake.
                  A robot gladiator that can bleed radiators, rendering half this forum redundant
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

From a contractor point of view, usage of this tool is a great way of filtering out crap clients.

Comment

Working...
                    X