• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

hsbc - cull starts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blackeye View Post
    Are you trolling?

If you choose to ignore very clear communication from the client that there is a significant shift in the business need for interim resources, and then get surprised enough to create a "hsbc - cull starts" thread a year later, you're a complete idiot in my book. Thats just me, maybe I'm just a rubbish contractor.

Last 10 years the only thing they do is shift business needs. What conclusion should I draw from that? Do not work for IB?

Comment

Are you trolling?

If you choose to ignore very clear communication from the client that there is a significant shift in the business need for interim resources, and then get surprised enough to create a "hsbc - cull starts" thread a year later, you're a complete idiot in my book. Thats just me, maybe I'm just a rubbish contractor.
      I thought pointing out trolls in professional forums was a bannable offence?

Anyway, I work for an IB. I have a specific role to do and I ignore any of the corporate stuff. Maybe the OP is the same? You may disagree - that is your right.

I am not going to sink to the level of name calling(idiot, rubbish) as this is not general.

In professional, take the advise you want to hear and ignore the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Anyway, I work for an IB. I have a specific role to do and I ignore any of the corporate stuff. Maybe the OP is the same? You may disagree - that is your right.

I am not going to sink to the level of name calling(idiot, rubbish) as this is not general.

advice

Comment

Anyway, I work for an IB. I have a specific role to do and I ignore any of the corporate stuff.
          Maybe the OP is the same? You may disagree - that is your right.

+1.

Still well paid IB roles available, just far less BOS roles.
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Yes I get as contractors, we aren't employees of these corporations. However from a purely business relationship POV, it makes sense to understand what is happening the top right?
            Yes 95% of these emails, townhalls etc is a waste of time, but that 5% could result in you not having to create a thread like this, and calling out something incredibly moronic if you had any industry awareness.

I hope my continued and utterly outrageous name calling hasn't offend you anymore dude.

Comment

Calling anyone 'dude' in any part of the forums is a bannable offence.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                Calling anyone 'dude' in any part of the forums is a bannable offence.
                My mistake, sorry babe.

Comment

I hope my continued and utterly outrageous name calling hasn't offend you anymore dude.
                  Who cares what I think. As long as you don't upset the mods.

Of course, if you want to try it in general, it might be different....

Comment

Originally posted by uk contractor View Post
                    They are on a massive drive to shave £120M from their IT budget so no big surprise contractors get the bad news first. Surprised this has taken so long. Early last year the save £120M program started and as recently as a few weeks ago they were still advertising for IT staff.
                    Is this the same as the cut to the global standards project?

Comment

Originally posted by shamoon View Post
                      Is this the same as the cut to the global standards project?
                      Why is everyone getting so hot and bothered!?!

Business is business - contractors get hired and then get let go. In the IB arena, yes you need to have your big boy boots on as its no walk in the park...

We all know this (and IB renumerates us VERY well for it), whats the issue?

Comment

Working...
                      X