• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Teksystems and their references

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teksystems and their references

Are these guys any good?

Every other week I get a phone call from around new agent discussing the perfect role going through the same corporate script requiring references to be included in the initial application.
    What strikes me is that these are not just random agents trying their luck, this is a system backed by the company.

They are a pain. If I remember right, I just ignored the references thing. But then again, I had a mate onsite and the gig was a done deal so it didn't matter if I wouldn't play nice. They paid on time, weekly though so its not all bad.

Comment

I am really surprised. They found me a role recently and have excellent contacts. And I have worked through them 2015-2016.

I rate them very highly.

Comment

Also known as allegis and aston carter. They are perennial reference requesters and very, very pushy. I wont deal with them any more but some obviously rate them.

Comment

Tek systems huge agency "aggregator", have a look .

Personally, I have had excellent dealings with Aston Carter over quite a number of years.

However, I was dealing with senior level "agents", not the boiler room boys.
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            I am really surprised. They found me a role recently and have excellent contacts. And I have worked through them 2015-2016.

I rate them very highly.
            I'm not saying they're bad (yet) - it's just how they make the need for 'two references' sound like an integral part of the application process. And it's always the same spiel so obviously coming from the top / following procedures.

Comment

Originally posted by zazou View Post
              I'm not saying they're bad (yet) - it's just how they make the need for 'two references' sound like an integral part of the application process. And it's always the same spiel so obviously coming from the top / following procedures.
              Have given references to them a few times for people that were going for jobs through them they are very thorough and don't seem to abuse the references to sell services.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

I rate them very highly.
                As part of their pressurised selling tactics they usually promise one stage phone interview and you are in because they are so close with the client. Is this how things really happen with them or just part of their glorified 'I just need two references' script?

Comment

Originally posted by zazou View Post
                  As part of their pressurised selling tactics they usually promise one stage phone interview and you are in because they are so close with the client. Is this how things really happen with them or just part of their glorified 'I just need two references' script?
                  For my jobs, it was alot more than a phone interview.

Tell them you can supply references to the client when needed.

I do wonder if the callers are from teksystems? Is it someone else pretending to be them? They have a good name. Generally.

Comment

I've had a number of contracts through TekSystems over the past 5 or so years. I first started dealings with them through Allegis, and now TekSystems, to be honest I find them one of the better agencies to deal with, if not the best.

As mentioned, the Allegis Group have a number of brands, TekSystems and Aston Carter to name a few.

https://www.allegisgroup.com/en-gb/brands

Comment

Working...
                    X