• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Teksystems and their references

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah its not hard to fend off that question though is it. I just laugh and say "pull the other one mate, I'm not giving you references" then we move on and I get a gig through them. I'm working my 3rd gig through them at the moment. You just decide what information you want to give them to secure the role, nothing more, nothing less.

They also do good Christmas drinks parties and regular lunches

Comment

TEK OK

Second gig through TEK (Manchester office) this year and all has been hugs and kisses.

Weekly self billing system is a breeze, communications are good when required and then they pretty much leave you alone.

Never been asked for a reference by any of their divisions and the last gig was a phone call with the client and then start the week after.

After 20 years and 40 plus clients I would say TEK are definitely in my top three agencies.

Comment

Originally posted by UncleDonald View Post
        Second gig through TEK (Manchester office) this year and all has been hugs and kisses.

Weekly self billing system is a breeze, communications are good when required and then they pretty much leave you alone.

Never been asked for a reference by any of their divisions and the last gig was a phone call with the client and then start the week after.

After 20 years and 40 plus clients I would say TEK are definitely in my top three agencies.

Hello Teksystems lurkers!

qh
        He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
          Hello Teksystems lurkers!

qh
          My experience of Teksystems is the same as UD's
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            My experience of Teksystems is the same as UD's
            Me too - big up for Simon A at TEK, good lad....

Comment

I wont be touching them with a barge pole after having been told that I had my CV put forward for a contract at an IB and then finding out my CV hadnt been loaded on the portal and therefore not seen at the client, by another recruiter and the in-house recruitment team.
              Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
                I wont be touching them with a barge pole after having been told that I had my CV put forward for a contract at an IB and then finding out my CV hadnt been loaded on the portal and therefore not seen at the client, by another recruiter and the in-house recruitment team.
                CV blocking sometimes happens with agents.

I has never been my experience with them - though I am sure it has happened.

They have excellent contacts and you should reconsider.

Comment

Got my current contract through them, only week 2 but first impressions pretty positive. The recruitment process was incredibly bureaucratic - 6 years worth of agency and client references, but I think this was a client requirement rather than TEK.

There was a bit of radio silence immediately after the interview, but once the ball got rolling communications were professional throughout. Got an 'everything Ok?' call last week and another one this, along with a promise to come onsite every 4 weeks or so. Online time reporting one of the better ones I've used.

So my rating so far:-
                  My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                    Me too - big up for Simon A at TEK, good lad....
                    Praise for Simon at TEK from a user called s tek

Fishy?

Comment

Surprised by the posters who say that Tek have never asked for references.

I'm in the other camp, that's all they have ever done when calling me.

I've got very annoyed a couple of times with them when they have tried to get reviews from me for people I have worked with (they haven't gave me as a reference, they join the dots with workplaces and ask if you have worked with them)

Plus if they leave you a voicemail, it's usually a rambling 5 minute message covering their entire "script".

Not a fan.

Comment

Working...
                      X