• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract termination - what to put on CV

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tarbera View Post
    Fired from a GDPR role - wow

Say you were on holiday
    The OP doesn't need to say anything.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      PC... come and sort this upstart out please.
      Must admit I wasn;t aware of this. I know they were rolling out Universal credit but wasn't aware of the changes.

Its been a good few years mind. To be fair, last time the system didnt really cater for company directors. If you remember I had a letter asking me if I'd left employment voluntarily.

Whichever way you look at this, if they take JSA off us its another way where we're getting a worse deal than a permie again if this is the case.
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
        Whichever way you look at this, if they take JSA off me its another way where I am getting a worse deal than a permie again if this is the case.
        FTFY
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          That's what you put on your CV. What you did and what you achieved. Nothing else.
          Am late to the party but agree. I would specifically state on CV: Short contract to deliver xyz for GDPR compliance for voluntary sector orgainsation. You don't need to say why it was a short contract.

On paper, there is nothing wrong with doing a small defined piece of work - shows you can hit the ground running and deliver.

Comment

I dont think duration of the contract matters when your doing your CV.. As long as you delivered something of use in that time and its relevant to actually have it on there I'd include it

Company
            Role
            Start date, End Date
            Brief description of what was delivered in that time.

Ive had quite a few short appointments, ranging from 2 weeks to a few months. I have only included the ones on the CV that need to be on there, so tow weeks tweaking a system for the Local NHS CCG... Doesnt need to be on there as the skills used would just be a repetition of what is described in another role.

I know some people that dont like this on a CV, but then I also know people that dont want to have gaps on their CV. Personally, I Started contracting so I could have gaps between projects, I had two months off at the start of the year because I had just finished a 2 year contract and fancied a break, but at the same time Im not going to turn down two weeks work if its a decent rate!

Comment

Originally posted by SandyD View Post
              This is not correct NL .... within the banking sector they would definitely contact the agency and verify employment dates and role title. In the recent couple of years the verification of qualifications and recent history has become very tight (I suppose due to all the new regulatory/ anti fraud rules)
              In my last two contracts they also contacted they went through every previous employment with the through details, plus contacted my university to confirm my qualifications (completed 1999 ) , also verified my prince 2 certification !!!
              Not necessarily

Current gig is with a bank. Not one reference taken, didn't even bother asking for contract history or any agency contacts to verify my work. I could have easily walked into the gig having done a stretch in Ford.

Just had to fill in my address (which I've only lived at since January) on several forms.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                Not necessarily

Current gig is with a bank. Not one reference taken, didn't even bother asking for contract history or any agency contacts to verify my work. I could have easily walked into the gig having done a stretch in Ford.

Just had to fill in my address (which I've only lived at since January) on several forms.
                I had a similar experience with many IB's some check everything others do not perform a single check they just trust you on face value.

Pretty sure its all down to how thorough their compliance & HR operation is.

Comment

Originally posted by uk contractor View Post
                  I had a similar experience with many IB's some check everything others do not perform a single check they just trust you on face value.

Pretty sure its all down to how thorough their compliance & HR operation is.
                  And maybe to some extent which area of the bank and what you are doing.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    FTFY
                    Im sure Im not the ONLY contractor in the entire UK who has ever claimed JSA.

Its one of those things lots of people partake in but are scared to admit it. :-)
                    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                      Im sure Im not the ONLY contractor in the entire UK who has ever claimed JSA.

Its one of those things lots of people partake in but are scared to admit it. :-)
                      That maybe true but you are the only 1 who posts on CUK and continually boosts of doing so....
                      Last edited by eek; 14 August 2017, 09:31.
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X