• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract termination - what to put on CV

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SandyD View Post
    Oh if you include the contract in your CV (I recommend that) then you need to come up with a very good excuse why it lasted only 2 months e.g. too much travel, project downsized or cancelled etc
    errr. 'project complete' sounds better? Or if that's too much of a lie how about 'engagement completed'.
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Antman View Post

it was only two months (mid June to mid August) and I have been terminated by the agency
      No cause for concern at all. You worked mid June > end July and delivered everything early. Win win. Move on.
      one day at a time

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Personally I would say there was budget issues and it was last in first out.

Never be rude about them - it will end badly.

The agency should only confirm dates.

I was miffed when leaving my permanent job in May this year as they put my reason for leaving as resignation. They should not have done that. However, best not to make a fuss.
        oh dear, - no JSA for you then

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
          oh dear, - no JSA for you then

Its Universal Credit now which takes a minimum of 5-6 weeks to get anything & the paper trail required is similar to Bank screening. If your a director of a ltd company or a mortgage holder your not even allowed to claim anything whatsoever right now they expect you to shut down your ltd company & sell your home to downsize before claiming!

Comment

Originally posted by perplexed View Post
            "The job spec turned out to be bigger fiction than Harry frigging Potter, there was no money, the permies there were utterly clueless and bitter due to contractors being involved. The project was utterly doomed due to outside factors anyone could clearly see were utterly unresolvable. MyCo Ltd continued providing services in a professional manner until such time it became blatantly obvious to anybody the client expectation were as rooted in reality as anything Jeremy Corbyn says".

Be honest...

Dodgy clients will be turned off by that ( good for your sanity ), great clients will see you have high standards...
            This makes me angry. We are contractors with temporary contract lengths and most of us have weeks notice period. We don't take pension, bonuses, health benefits, or get paid when we are sick or on holiday. XUG! We, therefore, can be binned at a moment's instance, which is huge advantage for clients. The risk is lower to pay for a contract, because the client can stop the contract. The risk is greater for us contractors, because we take it dealing with dysfunctional project managers and/or recruitment directors.

Why are clients continuously treating us like permanent stuff? Why do we have to put up the difficult, absurd and incomprehensible recruitment barriers as contractor staff can be between contracts for months and months, especially in economic climate?

Comment

Originally posted by uk contractor View Post
              Its Universal Credit now which takes a minimum of 5-6 weeks to get anything & the paper trail required is similar to Bank screening. If your a director of a ltd company or a mortgage holder your not even allowed to claim anything whatsoever right now they expect you to shut down your ltd company & sell your home to downsize before claiming!
              PC... come and sort this upstart out please.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                PC... come and sort this upstart out please.
                Just because your a peasant & cannot afford a 4K monitor........

Comment

Originally posted by uk contractor View Post
                  Just because your a peasant & cannot afford a 4K monitor........
                  It's you're and nice linking skills. PWND me there.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SandyD View Post
                    Oh if you include the contract in your CV (I recommend that) then you need to come up with a very good excuse why it lasted only 2 months e.g. too much travel, project downsized or cancelled etc
                    I did a gig once that was only ever going to last two months. There was no way it was going to go further. It was working for a company where the entire point of its existence is the few months in the summer.

Number of times I get asked why it only lasted two months and why I didnt get any extension....
                    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Fired from a GDPR role - wow

Say you were on holiday

Comment

Working...
                      X