• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Immediate termination of contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pauldee View Post
    I was thinking more morally than legally. I certainly wouldn't want to try and argue it in court although it would be interesting if someone did.

I often wonder what tax Uber/Hermes contractors/employees pay, and if they would be happy to suddenly start paying full PAYE if they are officially recognised as employees.
    There have been tribunal cases that have proved some self-employed people for companies like that are workers so entitled to benefits like statutory sick pay.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

OP needs to MTFU, dust him/herself off, find a new gig and keep quiet.

Polishing a turd near you!!

Comment

Originally posted by vadhert View Post

I'd take a guess from the OP's name instead of MTFU then need to WTFU. Maybe WTFH can mediate for us.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by vadhert View Post

Or better still, go back to permie land.

qh
          He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
            go back to permie land.

qh
            +1 (100%)
            one day at a time

Comment

Crap! Seems like I missed the fun! Reading comments from the OP (my work was excellent blah, blah, blah) gives all the clues you need to understand why they were jettisoned not once, but twice. And it's going to be a third time if he \ she doesnt modify their behaviour.

I also get the impression the OP has a disdain for younger bosses which probably comes across in their attitude at work.

Comment

Hmmm. There are some real bellends out there who would do this sort of thing. I've met one once in a contract and it was just unbelievable...

But twice. Could be bad luck but who knows.

OP - Are you sure you're not winding people up? As I always say, getting on with people, especially the permies is more often than not more important than anything else.
                Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Is it twice out of two contracts or twice out of many contracts? It's perfectly possible to meet two such bellends in this industry.

Comment

Originally posted by pauldee View Post
                    Is it twice out of two contracts or twice out of many contracts? It's perfectly possible to meet two such bellends in this industry.
                    just go anywhere arthurs androids are <under whatever new name they have>

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                      I'd take a guess from the OP's name instead of MTFU then need to WTFU. Maybe WTFH can mediate for us.
                      Hmm...

On reflection OP needs to MTFU/WTFU and STFU at next gig.

HTH

Polishing a turd near you!!

Comment

Working...
                      X