• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What should I take from this tele interview feedback..?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What should I take from this tele interview feedback..?

I had this feedback from agency for one of the telephone interviews I had few weeks ago - "that role required a Test manager within 12-15 Yrs experience and client felt you are too senior for that position"

I got couple of more years experience than mentioned above. How that matters for a contract role..? I had same feedback from another agency few weeks ago. Both cases rate I asked wasn't too high either.

Really odd! Have you asked them?

It does sound like an excuse. Proper feedback is always important.

Comment

Maybe someone felt threatened by your level of experience?

Comment

It means you didn't fit the exact criteria for the role and someone else did. Move on.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          It means you didn't fit the exact criteria for the role and someone else did. Move on.
          LIke offered £500 to the interviewers?

Why not take someone with better experience?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            LIke offered £500 to the interviewers?

Why not take someone with better experience?
            It depends on what that experience is. If the OP has more experience at managing but it's at a strategy level and not hands-on then that may not be what the client is looking for.

"Too experienced" in this case may mean "too much time away from the coal-face".

Comment

Did the agent say the rate you asked wasn't too high, or is it your opinion?
              Maybe the way you sold yourself didn't fit with the client
              Or maybe they interviewed someone else who came across better than you and chose them, but had to come up with an excuse to the agent.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Really odd! Have you asked them?

It does sound like an excuse. Proper feedback is always important.
                Yes, always good to hear what is missing, but this kind of feedback will not help for contact roles.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  Did the agent say the rate you asked wasn't too high, or is it your opinion?
                  Maybe the way you sold yourself didn't fit with the client
                  Or maybe they interviewed someone else who came across better than you and chose them, but had to come up with an excuse to the agent.
                  My view after seeing rates in Jobserv and for that specific role.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren_Test View Post
                    My view after seeing rates in Jobserv and for that specific role.
                    OK, maybe ask the agent what they thought of the rate you asked for.

Also remember that most rates quoted on Jobserve are 10% or more above the rate that will actually be offered. They are just a teaser to entice people to apply.
                    If you see a rate of £800 a day on JS, that means it's probably £700 a day, but if you've decided you're better than that and go in at £900 a day, you're way over the odds.
                    Was the rate you were asking for more, less, or the same to the rate you were on in your last role? And if it was different, was it much different?
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                    X