• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New contract discussion and NDA (non-disclosure agreement)!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New contract discussion and NDA (non-disclosure agreement)!!!

Guys,

I am discussing a new contract with a newbie technology company. Looks like they want to use my expertise to prepare and submit a proposal to the client and IF the proposal accepted by the client and newbie get a contract finally they could offer me a role!! - (So many IFs).

Worrying part is they are asking me to sign a NDA (non-disclosure agreement) before discussion of the proposal with me..!! They want me to spend some time for my proposal as well. NDA says I shouldn't discuss discussion to anyone.

I never got into this type of situation...Should I sign the NDA..?? Should I spend any time for these guys..?
    Last edited by Darren_Test; 19 May 2017, 22:10. Reason: aa

NDA is fine.

Just make sure that if they get the deal you either get a cut or the work!
    https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andyhallett

Comment

Well you could say no and go back to looking for a gig. Your choice.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Maybe these will help....

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=nd...obile&ie=UTF-8
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Well you could say no and go back to looking for a gig that is likely to end up paying you something. Your choice.
          FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by Darren_Test View Post
            Guys,

I am discussing a new contract with a newbie technology company. Looks like they want to use my expertise to prepare and submit a proposal to the client and IF the proposal accepted by the client and newbie get a contract finally they could offer me a role!! - (So many IFs).

Worrying part is they are asking me to sign a NDA (non-disclosure agreement) before discussion of the proposal with me..!! They want me to spend some time for my proposal as well. NDA says I shouldn't discuss discussion to anyone.

I never got into this type of situation...Should I sign the NDA..?? Should I spend any time for these guys..?
            **** them. There are quite a few of those idiots on the market and I always tell them to **** off. I am not going to have an ambulance chaser going after me because someone thinks I "stole" their secrets. The telling sign of trouble is that they are newbies and will think theirs is a unique idea. It probably isn't but they don't want to accept that fact and want to have an option to sue you. If you do, they will have the freedom to go after you if you work for a similar client or do a similar job in the future. And being a consultant in IT every contract will be similar, won't it?
            You're awesome! Get yourself a t-shirt.

Comment

Will you be paid for your expertise in the preparation of this proposal?

How long will you have to wait around before knowing if you get any work out of this?

You are still looking around for other roles aren't you?

Comment

No time spent on the proposal without being paid.

I don't sign NDAs up front either.

Piss takers.

Comment

If they pay you up front for your work in drawing up the proposal, then no problem with the NDA. If they want you to work for free, explain that you are not a charity.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Sounds like when some clients get you in for an interview to pick your brains and maybe require working examples to a problem they just happen to have, without any intention of progressing to offering a paid contract. Get enough mugs in for 'interviews' and they get the job done for free.

I'd want to know how much time up front they expect for free and if it's significantly more than a typical interview length tell them to do one.
                    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Working...
                    X