• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can't get mortgage after contract break

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Why not?

You only live once.
    I agree but if you are a lender you will view that as being problematic since it is more difficult to get a contract after such a break........

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
      I agree but if you are a lender you will view that as being problematic since it is more difficult to get a contract after such a break........
      Not necessarily. Remember not everyone on here has the same skill set.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Not necessarily. Remember not everyone on here has the same skill set.
        Most lenders will not go into that much detail, understandably.

Comment

If the mortgage provider is willing to accept current contract rate to base their lending criteria on, and no contract is worth more than the notice period, why does it matter what happened prior to the current contract in terms of gaps on CV?

It would make sense if not in current contract after a significant time since previous contract but if currently in a contract it defies logic to me.
          Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Working...
          X