• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Income protection Insurance for contractors

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Income protection Insurance for contractors

Hi

Can anyone recommend a good policy to cover income between contracts? Looking at Liverpool Victoria's sickness and unemployment insurance but it seems it only pays unemployment in the event of bankruptcy.

Thanks

Income between contracts? That's your warchest.

Your income won't change. You are still paying yourself and can pay divis if there is profit. All that changes is your company isn't making any sales surely?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I'm keen on sickness cover in addition to any saving i have.

Comment

Originally posted by simplicity View Post
        I'm keen on sickness cover in addition to any saving i have.
        Ah, that's different to between contracts.

IPSE+ will give you some cover.

Interesting article on what to look for here.
        Guide to Income Protection Insurance for IT Contractors :: Contractor UK

WPA used to come on here and talk to us but I heard they've been bought out or someone else is running it now and not heard from them for quite awhile. They used to be geared towards contractors. I believe CUK'ers used to get a discount?
        Last edited by Contractor UK; 12 October 2018, 21:26.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Try a google search for contractor sickness insurance. Pages of results.

Just make sure you read the small print.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
          X