• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fluxible?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fluxible?

Anyone heard of Fluxible the new "direct jobs platform" ? Here is the Spam if you haven't seen it yet:-

I wanted to update you that the development of the direct jobs platform is coming along well and is not far off from being ready. Once this goes live, you will be able to apply directly to contracts, get real-time updates on the status of your application and instantly message hiring managers.

Over the next couple of weeks, we will be announcing some of the hiring companies who are going to be using Fluxible which we are very excited about.

Fluxible is currently available to download on the App Store and we are getting very close to getting it released on Android. If you are an Apple device user, it’s easy to set-up a profile and start connecting with other contractors.

Last week, we put a survey out to the UK contractor market on topics including the last budget, IR35 and Brexit. So far, we have had a good response with some of the data producing some interesting results.

We will be putting together a report on this and have already received strong interest from journalists already about making the report and its findings widely known. If you haven’t been able to do it yet, we’d really appreciate it if you could fill it out, it only takes about 2 minutes.

If you have any questions please do let me know.

Hope you’ve had a great weekend.
    Ellie
    Last edited by Contractor UK; 20 March 2017, 09:01. Reason: URLs Removed
    "why ride a vespa when you can push a lambretta?"

As I look ahead, I am filled with foreboding; like the Roman, I seem to see "the River Tiber foaming with much blood."

Billybiro is gonna mess his pants in excitement when he sees this.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I really trust a company with a Leicester Address and a London / Indian 0203 phone number..

As for the rest - there may be a time when this sort of site replaces agencies I can't see it at the moment, however, especially with the IR35 changes that are almost definitely going to require an agency in the middle taking the risk (for the end client definitely isn't going to take it)..
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Clients can and do use the same job boards as agents to find contractors. However most don't bother hence why agencies exist.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Another direct model that dreams of replacing Agents? They will realise that clients only use agencies and then the business model needs to compete with the job boards. You heard it here first.

Comment

Completely useless

Can't see the model. They seem to be offering you all the things you already have except of course you will never have the huge coverage of Jobserve.

For clients the site says
            Fluxible is a web-based platform that allows you to hire contractors directly. It’s designed to increase the speed of sourcing and managing contractors in your workplace. Fluxible saves time, improves productivity and drastically reduces costs.
            Interesting... but exactly how?
            "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

As a side project I'm currently a few days out from releasing a "direct" model for substitution work. I have no big backing, and I have no research to suggest it would take off at all. However, I've used it as an opportunity to put to practice some of my dev knowledge. As others have said, I don't see agencies losing any ground in their respective markets due to fluxible.

Comment

Originally posted by saptastic View Post
                Another direct model that dreams of replacing Agents? They will realise that clients only use agencies and then the business model needs to compete with the job boards. You heard it here first.
                Some of the bigger ones use linkedin themselves to try to cut out agencies.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  Billybiro is gonna mess his pants in excitement when he sees this.
                  Not really. Just because they're online, they sound like another useless middleman adding nothing of value to the connection of a contractor and their skills and a client in need of those skills!

Comment

Originally posted by billybiro View Post
                    Not really. Just because they're online, they sound like another useless middleman adding nothing of value to the connection of a contractor and their skills and a client in need of those skills!
                    Yup
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X