• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

On the Bench!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
    Yep you need better conversion rate of sending application/ getting an interview.
    For me it's close to 80%-90% (hunch) .
    So make your CV hot. It's the only thing that sells you
    What's so hot about your CV ?

So for every 10 gigs you apply for you get 8 or 9 interviews ?

What do you do ?

Comment

Must confess I thought the era where a hot CV could get you an interview had long passed. It needs to cover all the bases and look professional but can quite easily stray into being gimmicky.

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
        Yep you need better conversion rate of sending application/ getting an interview.
        For me it's close to 80%-90% (hunch) .
        So make your CV hot. It's the only thing that sells you
        Duh. You're not ambitious enough, you're obviously applying for things that are too easy.

Comment

Originally posted by radish2008 View Post

What do you do ?
          He comes here.

And talks cr..

nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by radish2008 View Post

What do you do ?
            It all depends on area but impress with style (of the document) content and achievements. Needs to stand out. Think about it this way : your cv is worth ~£100k so yeah put effort into it

I do get interviews like most of the time but sometimes someone had interview first and had the role , or role Was pulled etc. Back in January despite around 7 interviews I couldn't get the job . So nothing special about me but you do need to have interviews to have any chances (even if low) of getting the job, so that 10th interview can turn into job
            Last edited by diseasex; 3 March 2017, 18:37.

Comment

Originally posted by SussexSeagull View Post
              Must confess I thought the era where a hot CV could get you an interview had long passed. It needs to cover all the bases and look professional but can quite easily stray into being gimmicky.
              Finding the right balance to sell yourself on your CV can be tricky. If you don't list all of your skills you can potentially miss but go overboard and you'll come across as a jack of all trades with no real depth in any one particular area.

If you endlessly send CV's and applications to posts without a follow up you can be easily overlooked. I nearly always follow a submission with a phonecall to introduce myself, my general experience is that getting in touch and selling yourself on the phone does wonders.

Comment

Thanks all for your advice

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                  I sell him in the end cubicle of the gents at Wigan Wallgate.
                  He's useless. He told me Warrington Bank Quay.
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

On the Bench!!

Was on the bench 8 weeks over last summer.

It was lovely [emoji16][emoji41][emoji12]
                    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                      Was on the bench 8 weeks over last summer.

It was lovely [emoji16][emoji41][emoji12]

Me too , its great having a nicely timed bench period , then get a gig straight after

Comment

Working...
                      X