• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Abbey WILL (possibly) cover for retrospective PS IR35 claims

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abbey WILL (possibly) cover for retrospective PS IR35 claims

Spoken to Abbey Tax - they will cover for retrospective claims but not for post April PS (yet!)

https://community.ipse.co.uk/threads...l-2017.112673/
    Last edited by psychocandy; 8 February 2017, 13:57.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

What is meant by "retrospective" in this case?

Are HMRC saying they will investigate pre-2017, or post-2017 in the future?

I'm not working in PS, just interested at HMRC's alternative facts.

Comment

And your title is inaccurate.

I think that 'WILL' is negated by ''(possibly)'.

WILL = a very positive yes.

(possibly) = a rather meh maybe...
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
        Spoken to Abbey Tax - they will cover for retrospective claims but not for post April PS (yet!)

https://community.ipse.co.uk/threads...l-2017.112673/
        TBH, I find it extremely odd that you would think any different. If you can fully demonstrate that your WP are outside now, then you're currently outside, and Abbey can confidently insure themselves against the small risk of their assessment being wrong. However, let's not pretend that an investigation would be fun or short, because the client may not be onside if the WP haven't changed (and their assessment is inside post April). Also, based on your previous posts, you may have a job convincing them about your WP currently... What are you going to do if they say you've been inside all along?

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
          What are you going to do if they say you've been inside all along?
          Cry like a baby
          First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. But Gandhi never had to deal with HMRC

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
            TBH, I find it extremely odd that you would think any different. If you can fully demonstrate that your WP are outside now, then you're currently outside, and Abbey can confidently insure themselves against the small risk of their assessment being wrong. However, let's not pretend that an investigation would be fun or short, because the client may not be onside if the WP haven't changed (and their assessment is inside post April). Also, based on your previous posts, you may have a job convincing them about your WP currently... What are you going to do if they say you've been inside all along?
            That's why he has been advised many times to get the hell out of dodge now.

His working practices have always been well suspect, in any case.
            He can't help it, its in the nature of what he is really doing.

i.e. BOS Permitractor work.
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Today's CUK newsletter - "IR35 inspectors to probe public PSCs retrospectively"

Thankfully, my limited company isn't public, it's privately owned so should be safe
              First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. But Gandhi never had to deal with HMRC

Comment

FTFY

Originally posted by RonBW View Post
                Lube up, take the pain, then cry like a baby
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                  FTFY
                  At least the cost of lube can come out of the 5% expenses.

Though that raises an interesting question. At the moment, you can claim 5% expenses if caught by IR35. If there is a retrospective investigation into your public sector work and you are found inside, will that 5% still be allowed or will HMRC push to have that removed as well? I guess only time (and the first investigations) will tell.

Comment

I thought all IR35 investigations were retrospective.....

As others have said, I do find it surprising PC is so vocal about all this when he's more at risk than anyone else I know yet has done nothing about it. Each to their own.

And yes, that title is just utter crap. Not too sure Abbey will be overly pleased by that.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X