• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How soon after invoice due date to remind the client

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I personally wouldn't chase anything up which hadn't reached the end date, regardless of how soon it is normally paid. I would send a polite first reminder reminder immediately after the due date. Any subsequent reminder would mention late payment penalties.

If the situation were reversed and someone sent me a reminder before the end date I would make sure they were only ever paid at the last minute.

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed View Post
      I personally wouldn't chase anything up which hadn't reached the end date, regardless of how soon it is normally paid. I would send a polite first reminder reminder immediately after the due date. Any subsequent reminder would mention late payment penalties.

If the situation were reversed and someone sent me a reminder before the end date I would make sure they were only ever paid at the last minute.
      Sorry agreed - wait until day after end date then phone them, you can try a polite reminder but if you want paying then speak to them directly - it may affect your relationship with client going forwards but if they mess you around paying invoices they are not a client you want or need.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        How concerned are you?
        Fairly concerned.

Like I said they usually pay within a matter of days. I'm going to send a reminder tomorrow afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by DanielSQL View Post
          Fairly concerned.

Like I said they usually pay within a matter of days. I'm going to send a reminder tomorrow afternoon.
          Do it tomorrow morning.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed View Post

You make a good point.

I'll wait till the day after.

Comment

I wouldn't chase anything. However I would have a "catch up" call with the pimp and drop it into the conversation.

Comment

Monies received. And I didn't have to chase!

On to the next one.

Comment

Originally posted by DanielSQL View Post
                  Monies received. And I didn't have to chase!

On to the next one.
                  See you a week before next monies are due
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X