• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How soon after invoice due date to remind the client

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How soon after invoice due date to remind the client

Hi Guys,

My client is 2 days over the due date for the invoice.
    I currently have 2 months exposure with the client and there has been some hinting the ultimate end client (who's site i sit on) may be running out of money for the project.

Is it too soon to fire a reminder email asking when i can expect payment ? I don't want to hinder the relationship i have with my client.

Thanks

Two days can equal delays at the bank(s).

Wait until Thursday am, then send a polite query wondering when the payment went in as it oddly hasn't been credited to your bank account. Also send your bank account number and ask them to confirm they have the correct details.

If the client is having money problems start searching for another contract NOW. Then when you find one leave asap.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Late is late. I'd do as per Sue Ellen except I would have done it already.

Comment

Oh in regards in hindering your relationship with the client - if they aren't paying their invoices on time your relationship is already f**ked.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by eddie1507 View Post
          Hi Guys,

I currently have 2 months exposure with the client and there has been some hinting the ultimate end client (who's site i sit on) may be running out of money for the project.

Is it too soon to fire a reminder email asking when i can expect payment ? I don't want to hinder the relationship i have with my client.

Thanks
          What SueEllen said with respect to the email stands.

Have your client paid previous invoices on time?

Also, your ultimate end client's financial state is none of your concern *IF* your contract does not stipulate paid when paid. Are you prepared to walk off site if it comes to it?
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Does your insurance cover you for anything as such?

Comment

Originally posted by eddie1507 View Post
              Hi Guys,

Thanks
              If there is no agent involved and the client is insolvent you are going to lose money. Look for a new contract. Until you have an alternative contract you may as well carry on working for a while, but bear in mind you might not get paid.

i.e. if you did leave you'll be at home twiddling your thumbs not earning anything there as well. However you want to be focusing your efforts on getting out pronto.

If you have an agent simply chase the agent, you won't lose anything if the client goes under provided you get your timesheets signed off.
              Last edited by BlasterBates; 14 February 2017, 11:36.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Sorry to bump this thread.

I have an invoice which is two days away from being overdue. The client usually coughs up on the day they receive my invoices. I'm tempted to send a small reminder today.... Or perhaps I should just shut up and continue waiting.

What do you think?

Comment

How concerned are you?
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DanielSQL View Post
                    Sorry to bump this thread.

I have an invoice which is two days away from being overdue. The client usually coughs up on the day they receive my invoices. I'm tempted to send a small reminder today.... Or perhaps I should just shut up and continue waiting.

What do you think?
                    I've been in this position - phone and speak openly and honestly with them, ask them directly if there is a problem and if not when will they pay the invoice.

Comment

Working...
                    X