• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I left a 2 week gig off my CV. Now I'm being asked for Bank Statements

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I left a 2 week gig off my CV. Now I'm being asked for Bank Statements

As part of a vetting process with a finance firm I've been asked to submit bank statements covering gaps in 'employment. ' Fine but the problem is, I left two weeks into a 6 month contract with another client earlier this year due to disagreement/issues with my working schedule. As I was there a short period I didn't include it on my CV. However I was paid twice (once each week) for my work carried out.

Will this be picked up or questioned when the checking company look through my bank statements or are they just looking for proof that you weren't in prison etc.?

Which bank statements are they looking at? Your personal bank statements? Your company bank statements?

Edited to say your personal bank statements shouldn't show whether you are in a contract or not, if you don't use an umbrella company.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

They will be looking to see if you are trustworthy as well as not a risk financialy. It depends on how you represented this on your CV but I'd be more than a little worried if I were you.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Your CV should represent what you have achieved in your career so far. It won't necessarily have everything on it.

Just fulfil the request and answer any questions that arise.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          They will be looking to see if you are trustworthy as well as not a risk financialy. It depends on how you represented this on your CV but I'd be more than a little worried if I were you.
          Really? If I put everything that made me a couple of quid on my CV it'd be a very dull, pointless novel. Should I include the bank holiday weekend migration I did as a one off? What about the 5 day health check?

It's no ******* wonder people become IR35 nightmares with stupidity like this.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
            Really? If I put everything that made me a couple of quid on my CV it'd be a very dull, pointless novel. Should I include the bank holiday weekend migration I did as a one off? What about the 5 day health check?

It's no ******* wonder people become IR35 nightmares with stupidity like this.
            Right... So the OP extends his last gig to cover the gap. Quick reference check and the agents story doesn't marry up with the OPs. There is a level of common sense to be applied here. I did say it depends on how it's represtend on the CV.

Dunno about you but if my CV doesn't match with reality and I'm going through vetting I'm going to be worried as there is 10s of K of income on the line however small or innocent it is. It's still a risk
            Last edited by northernladuk; 20 November 2016, 22:43.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

a 2 week gig can easily be swallowed by listing from and to dates with months as the least common denominator, who puts '3rd Feb to 26th March Gig X' on their CV, on mine it would appear as Feb to March Gig X'.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                Right... So the OP extends his last gig to cover the gap. Quick reference check and the agents story doesn't marry up with the OPs. There is a level of common sense to be applied here. I did say it depends on how it's represtend on the CV.

Dunno about you but if my CV doesn't match with reality and I'm going through vetting I'm going to be worried as there is 10s of K of income on the line however small or innocent it is. It's still a risk
                No he just leaves the two weeks off and says nothing like he has already done.

What he's worried about is his bank statements but since he's not given the full information on what bank statements they are looking at and whether he runs a limited then he can't get a useful answer.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Presumably they want company bank statements that cover some time the company received income?

Is it possible to cover up the received income? I find gluing blank paper over the relevant part, then photocopying, helps.

Make sure you don't cut the paper. Tear it using a ruler so it leaves a bevelled edge.

Of course, if they asked for the original, you would be stuffed!

Comment

Vetting companies also use business bank statements to see if you worked for the companies you said you worked for. I was once asked for them and initially refused, but then sent them when they said they would fail the screening. They actually only wanted to see I was at the current gig as their rules wouldn't let them contact the client directly. Payments from the client were sufficient proof. I wouldn't worry about it at all.
                    Last edited by radish2008; 21 November 2016, 12:49. Reason: spelling and stuff

Comment

Working...
                    X